3rd Person Dies In Long Lake Accident

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A third person has died after an accident Monday night on the bypass around Long Lake.

The State Patrol says 54-year-old Terrance Alexander of Maple Plain died Tuesday afternoon.

He was in critical condition after he was flown by helicopter to North Memorial Medical Center on Monday, but succumbed to his injuries.

Bruce and Arlana Harris, both 57 years old and from Buffalo, died at the scene.

The State Patrol said the husband and wife were in a Ford Focus that crossed the center line heading west on Highway 12 and hit the Dodge Dakota truck head on.

None of the three victims was wearing a seat belt.

Comments

1. james says:

That looks like a dead body in the picture.

2. Stacy Nelson says:

Picture is pretty freaky!

3. Football Fan says:

Why weren’t any of them wearing seat belts?!?!?! It’s not an absolute that they will save you but they increase the odds so much.

1. Jeff says:

I’d like to know that as well. I pray that the affected families find peace and comfort.

I would like to mention this though: I saw a different segment about this accident where some were blaming the design of the bypass. Um…?

1. AK says:

I knew the third victim, he would not drive away without seatbelts, this is a trajedy and indeed a very sad one. A hard working citizen with young children, truly a sad day.

4. MAJ says:

My sympathy level goes way down when I read the fatalities were not wearing seat belts. This was not the best designed highway. Should have been wider, but they had to deal with the train tracks.