Man Burned After Starting Brush Fire With Gasoline

EAST BETHEL, Minn. (WCCO) — A man was airlifted to an area hospital late Wednesday morning after being badly burned in a fire, according to the Anoka County Sheriff’s dispatch.

The dispatch unit said the incident happened just before 11:30 a.m. on the 2700 block of 183rd Avenue NE.

According to authorities, the 40-year-old man was burned after he tried to start a fire with a pile of brush using gasoline as an accelerant.

The man reportedly received burns over the front half of his body.

He was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center. Authorities did not report on his condition.

Comments

1. I'M NOT AMUSED says:

Jimmy, you are so insensitive!! My father was burned starting a brush fire to keep us kids warm at night. We had no fuel because at the time he was an alcoholic and drank up our fuel assistance money. But that isn’t the point – he really had a bad experience and YOU are just being an insensitive idiot. You wouldn’t be quoting the Doors had this happened to you!

1. I'M NOT AMUSED says:

I’m about to have nervous breakdown. The memories of my father getting burned from that brush fire are so vivid. I still can smell the kerosene and his burning flesh. He was angry after he got burned and he wouldn’t stop beating me until I felt the same pain. I won’t be able to listen to the Doors the same way again. Thanks alot, Jimmy! Think about other people before you post next time!

1. Justin says:

let me stand next to your fire

2. Johnny Cash says:

…..and it burns, burns, burns…the ring of fire

1. whoaaaaa says:

great balls of fire

2. The Architect says:

That’s it!! I say give the Death Penalty for anyone convicetd of starting a brush fire..There’s no place in society for these people..They cannot be rehabilitated!

1. Justin says:

he lives in east bethel, its rural most likely had brush from his yard and was getting rid of it, no crime there bud.

2. Guy says:

Sounds like he came close to giving HIMSELF the death penulty…

3. I'M NOT AMUSED says:

Everyone here is so insensitive. Did I mention that I was having a nervous breakdown? Does anybody care? And yes, Mr. Architect, people can be rehabilitated. My father went into rehab after his burining incident. He beats me less now.

1. burnwithmeheavensonfire says:

You need some help and your not going to get it here. Go get some counseling.

1. polebeater says:

The Architect likes a good beating once in awhile.

1. The Architect says:

Yah; but only from dom’s wearing leather & 8″ spike heels – not from daddy.

4. rw says:

He tried to burn a brush pile, not trying to start a brush fire.

5. I'M NOT AMUSED says:

Brush pile or brush fire — who really cares? The fact is that I remained scarred by the incident and no one seems to care. And as for counseling, I will have you know that I am a professional counselor, and it seems that everyone here needs more of it than I do. I’m not the problem here. And hey, rw, judging from your small name, my professional opinion is that a certain part of your anatomy is small, too!

6. Jimmy says:

come on baby lite my f i r e

7. punk says:

I’m sure his mother really enjoys reading all of you smug comments. It’s sick that people would make fun of a situation like this. No wonder America’s going down the drain, empathy doesn’t exist anymore.

THIS HAPPENED TO A REAL PERSON WHO HAS A MOTHER AND CHILDREN! HIS LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AND YOU MAKE FUN OF IT. GET A LIFE!

8. Iconoclast says:

I bet the last thing he heard before the sirens got close was “WOOOOOF!!”

9. Pete says:

Somebody has some SERIOUS daddy issues!!! I dated a girl like that once… Wow!!!