Minn. Man Nabbed For Fake Jerseys

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The head of a sports memorabilia company in Minnesota is charged with orchestrating a scheme to sell fraudulent sports merchandise — including jerseys said to be worn during games by baseball players like Alex Rodriguez, Mark McGwire and Albert Pujols.

Forty-year-old Steven Jensen of Osseo was arrested Thursday at a sports collectors’ convention outside Chicago. He is charged in federal court in New York with mail fraud and wire fraud.

Jensen is head of Minnesota-based Vintage Sports Authentics. Authorities say over the last four years, he and his company auctioned off jerseys purportedly worn by major league baseball players during games.

But the jerseys were not authentic. Authorities say Jensen knew that, and after customers returned them, he re-auctioned them to others.

Messages left with Vintage Sports were not returned.

1. loser criminals says:

For a second I thought it said he was stabbed… now I am just disappointed.

2. Kally says:

Their web site is down… oh no caught red handed…. glad I did’nt buy any of their fake junk… http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.com

1. mmboy says:

Check again! The website IS NOT down! Follow the story, you might be surprised with the outcome!!

1. megafrog says:

The website is down as of 3:04 pm.

2. Cindy says:

Steven Jensen is going to become Buba’s girlfriend…in a prison near you…

3. Silly Willy says:

Who cares? The Insurance companies have been perpetrating a fraud for decades and so have the politicians who claim they are representing the people.
    Don’t forget about the Big drug makers

4. G Soros says:

Willy, I would like to thank you and all Public Union people and left wing supporters who are doing my work to accomplish my dream for this country. Keep up the good work! Please also work harder for me so I can succeed in my plan for America. Your friend, George Soros.

1. MIke says:

Wannabe G Soros, This was a scam perpetrated by a white guy and like most white collar crooks, a Republican.
      You really need to polish up your act, it is dreadful.