State Fair Ticket Prices Go Up $1 For 2011

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — It’ll cost you a little more to get into the great Minnesota get-together this year.

This year’s general admission prices are $12 for adults, compared to last year when they were $11. Tickets for seniors went up a dollar from 2010 to $10 and kids tickets (ages 5-12) are now $2 bucks more at $10.

Kids under 5 can still attend the fair for free.

Pre-fair discount admission tickets for $9, for all ages, are available from June 6 to Aug. 24 at select locations.

For more information, click here.

1. anil says:

I understand they want to balance the budget – But give me a break. – Donot they get rent from stalls, vendors, taxes on the merchandise and food. If Minnesotans have complex (go and spend 100’s millions in 10 days) – Why not the government take advantage of them. I wonder how much the Other States Fair charge

2. Cooke says:

It’s only a dollar, however a dollar that should stay in my pocket : ))

3. races says:

state fair is stupid and boring. never been there and never ever gonna be there. aint nothing but a cracker thing. red necks

4. Darren says:

Haven’t been there since they took out the last stock car race on Labor Day about 10 years ago. Won’t go back to the State Fair. I went every year since I was a child to the car race. But instead the fairboard wanted to have 5,000 people attend a boy band concert in the grandstand instead of 20,000 for the car race.

5. IwonderIf says:

6. MAJ says:

I would charge for the under 5 group as many people bring kids to the fair and at times the sidewalks are crowded with strollers. I enjoy the fair, but do not enjoy dodging strollers. I wonder how much those crying kids are enjoying the fair. The $11 fee could help keep those away who are up to no good. (Example: Wisconsin State Fair)

1. truth hurts says:

“The $11 fee could help keep those away who are up to no good. (Example: Wisconsin State Fair)”

Someone just admit that Republicans are rich.

7. joe says:

BULL thay make to dame much money.

8. Louis Munn says:

One Buck too Much!

9. Swamp Rat says:

It’s bad enough being on a fixed income and retired. This year I am going to avoid the fair and take the ticket money and time I would spent at the supposed “MN Get Together” and go fishing. At least I would have some great fish to take and eat! The Fair is getting too expensive and getting to be the same genre every year. Bring back the races!