Minn. Man Gets Probation For Beating His 2 Kids

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A Roseville man who pleaded guilty to beating his two kids for changing the TV channel from a Christian station has been sentenced to one year of probation.

Prosecutors say 33-year-old Stanley Chukwudi Ogbonna admitted whipping his 10-year-old daughter on the head or neck with a cord in December. His 8-year-old son told an investigator Ogbonna beat him nearly every day.

Ogbonna pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of malicious punishment.
A St. Paul Pioneer Press report says the judge on Thursday also ordered Ogbonna to take anger-management and parenting classes.

1. jack says:

Its time we the people take action against these people. Our legal system is just as corrupt as the criminals they protect. We must go after all these terrorist including union strikers when they threated others. The only way to treat this crime is with force and let them know we are not going to take it any longer.

1. @ jack says:

What the hell does the union have to do with this story?

2. David Gasner says:

This is a good look at the kind of judges we have in minnesota. What kind of idiots do we have behind the bench? It is time to shine a light on them I think the roaches will run.

1. patty says:

You’re right…I agree!

3. Spirit says:

This is absolutely horrific. The justice system in this country is NOT for justice. The politicians and so called “judges” are corrupt and have no idea about what is really happening in this county. Harming children is NOT an option. This makes me sick. A year of probation! – It gives this person and others like him free reign. There are people serving many years in federal prison for “so called conspiracy”. They did nothing, only the feds got a hold of them because of others trying to make a deal. They did not harm children. Crimes against people seem to be “nothing” for our justice system – only crimes of money and drugs get stiff sentences. This has to stop.

4. LMO says:

I can’t believe he only got probation! I hipe they took the kids away!

5. TwinsRAwesome says:

That will teach him! “No, no…don’t do it again!”

6. Kathie says:

Doggone it, I am sick and tired of Minnesota Judicial system, criminial and civil. If your a Felon, druggy, harasser, you name it….the better chances you have of getting a slap on your hand, get out of jail free card(s), medical, food stamps, free FREE FREE FREE attorney. Our wonderful justice system makes darn sure the innocent pay for their innocence by allowing these hoodlums to have parental rights so they can continue harming the child(ren), spouse, spouses family. Then we wonder why our worlld is corrupt?????? ughhhhhh By the way, these losers are also allowed to NOT PAY CHIILD SUPPORT, and while their having more children with multiple others, the Justice System of Minnesota says (we keep the monetary separate, because those Losers have their rights!!! Hey, what about the childs right, the parent that is taking care of that child when they were left cold with nothing, cause that loser is more important? Get REAL here…….THOSE GOOD PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING….THEY DON”T KNOW WHO THE NEXT VICTIM WILL BE…Oh yeah, also the Justice system feels it is in the best interest of the Felon, (LOSER) if not felon, to PRACTICE THOSE PARENTING RIGHTS BECAUSE IT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD TO SEE HOW THE LOSER OPERATES. WHAT A JOKE

1. Richard Head says:

Yes Kathie, here in Minnesota we excel at kissing a_ _ on anyone who is not a working class tax payer. When you say FREE FREE, you are correct. We promote trash like this guy. If we didn’t have all these lead anchors clinging to our ankles dragging us down, we may not have such a financial crisis! I say, if they’re not productive, SEND THEM BACK!!!

2. @ Kathie says:

Um… I recommend you ease up on the caffeine a bit.

3. Iconoclast says:

Druggies? What should be done with drug users, Kathie? Prison? There would be room for no other people.

7. TwinsRAwesome says:

Find out who the judge is and get his/her a** off of the bench…as soon as possible. Dumb a**!

8. Susan says:

Why only probation? Next thing you know, they will be burried 15 houses down.

9. mixer says:

Guy should get two years in jail.. people that beat their kid should never have kids. take the child away and put the child in a loving caring home.

10. Peggy says:

Where is mom?

11. See BS says:

When I hear the word “Beating” I think of Rocky all bloodied up by Apolo Creed.

I think News Corporations likes to stretch the truth, so it Infuriates Oprah Winfrey Junkies.

Everyone has to be in some Union thugs “Anger Management” liberal bible banging class.

12. Yea and says:

Hey – he had a neo-con religious station that was flipped on him. He can do whatever he wants…so says Ms. Bachmann/ She checked with God

13. Richard Head says:

All he has to say is “it’s part of my culture” to beat my kids, have multiple wives, not pay interest, have to have 5 prayer breaks per day, or just make up their own rules as they go and our liberal politicians will drop to their knees and assume the position and kiss their a _ _ or whatever is available. And your tax dollars are paying the way!!! The bible says there will be 7 good years followed by 7 bad years…where are we at today?

1. Iconoclast says:

If you’re reading the bible for predictions on the future, you are the idiot here.

14. molly says:

Can someone please explain to me what the deal is? Why does minnesota not punish sexual crimes and child neglect and punishment more harshly? Is it a liberal thing or just an idealoligy that a child is always better off with a parent. It seems like drug crimes always get the person at least 10 years. I would honestly like some insight.

15. Anne says:

His pic should be posted on an electronic billboard so people can hassle him for what he did.

16. THE BURNER says:

I say whip him every day within an inch of his life with an extension cord every day for a year!!!!!!!

17. Bill says:

And I was put in Juvenile detention for 6 months for SKIPPING SCHOOL!!!

18. Sam I am says:

This is the guy from Nigeria who has extended family and friends who claim he is really a nice guy and that its a culteral misunderstanding.

19. Sarah in Outstate MN says:

That’s it? Unreal. The couple down in Austin chained their children to their beds immediately after school, refused to feed them and let them use the toilet and they also received 1 year. Jail, not probation though.
    WHEN will Minnesota Judicial system support and protect the children of this state from abusive parents/caregivers?

20. McLovin says:

So let me get this straight…Smoking marijuana could get you 5 years in jail, but beating your kids with a cord will get you 1 year of probation?? Makes sense to me.

1. em0886 says:

You don’t go to prison for using drugs, you go to prison for the distribution of them or the possessiong of them or the manufacturing of them…you don’t get locked up if you are under the influence in your own home….just the same for drinking…you don’t get locked up for having a few drinks, you get locked up when you get out of control or get behind the wheel.

21. Mark from Minnesota Tax Waste says:

What was the Judges name? This judge has to be removed from the bench!!!!!

22. the crux of the buscuit says:

Advocating beating up black kids because of their choice of music and how they dress?

Rev. my as.s…..

What church you preach at?

23. Kathie Gannon says:

Wonder how he would like to be whipped and beat in the same manner..with the same defences his kids have!! THIS IS JUST WRONG OR is the judge that gave him probation?? I grew up with abuse wow what a struggle!!

24. spineless judges says:

Ramsey Co. judge George Stephenson gave probation to this guy. He also gave probation to the punks that stabbed the police dog during a burglary. Another weak judge is Edward Wilson.

1. TwinsRAwesome says:

Good to know! THANKS!!!

25. Lezlie says:

Has the judge or anyone not read the book “A Child Called It” the boy was abused by his mother & almost died, so y does the moron even have kids. It makes no sence to me, the he only gets a year probation, take the fricken kids away before it is to late, before they have to bury those kids.. I pray for there safety….♥♥♥♥

1. @ Lezlie says:

You might want to pray for an English tutor instead. I’m just saying….

26. Heather says:

Stephenson – what a dumb A!

27. jeff says:

when people in the judicial system look at child abuse, the very LAST thing they want to do is take the kids away from the parents. generally they only do this if the home is beyond reprehensible. i ran away from my home probably 10 times in a two year period, every time returning home in a squad car at the age of 11 with my younger brother. all this to escape a extremely abusive father. interestingly enough his girlfriend was a worker for child protection. i finally figured out a way to get out. be as terrible a child as possible and he will eventually give up on me. and so he did and off to fosterhomes i went. even though he didn’t know how to be a father he still loved me and that is something that is hard to find in foster parents. i always regreted my decision.

28. Iconoclast says:

Chukwudi Ogbonna

Doesn’t sound like a Roseville man to me…

29. patty says:

Well, bless your heart. I sincerely pray that your life as turned out better than it was. This is so sad. It’s true, I’ve heard horrid stories about some foster homes.