GOP Chief Slams Obama At Start Of Midwest Bus Tour

CANNON FALLS, Minn. (AP) — A visit by the country’s top Democrat to Minnesota lured one of the leading Republicans as well.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus rallied tea party members and College Republicans ahead of President Barack Obama’s bus tour kickoff in Cannon Falls.

Priebus said the party sees Minnesota as a battleground state in next year’s election. The state has gone to the Democratic nominee in every election since 1976.

Priebus cited job losses in the state since Obama took office and labeled the president’s bus trip a “debt-end tour.”

Some Obama supporters showed up to blame the country’s problems on former President George W. Bush, but they were shouted down.

Comments

1. Iconoclast says:

Shouted down? LOL

Keepin it classy, eh, GOP?

1. Citizen says:

A liberal complaining about a shout down . . . Yep, the pot is calling the kettle black . . . How nice.

1. Citizen says:

Quit using my posting “handle.” You must be a classless Rethuglican.

1. Swamp Rat says:

Is this ‘madaman’? The “rethuglicans” always use others’ monikers!

2. Iconoclast says:

I’m not a liberal. I take offense at the accusation.

2. Swamp Rat says:

As usual the GOP picks a wrong venue to spout their T-Baggers brews! No wonder things are a mess!!!

3. Tom L says:

“The state has gone to the Democratic nominee in every election since 1976.”

Dont see that changing anytime soon.

Keep shouting GOP’ers…in the end all it is, is noise.

1. just sayin says:

It also shows how stupid the people of Minnesota are… like 1984 and that Mondale failure. LOL!

Dems are so stupid!! LOL

1. The Truth says:

You want stupid? Bachman and Pawlenty. That’s stupid.

2. Tom L says:

Never a fan of Mondale, back then or even now….wasnt even democrat back then either…Reagen was the last great Republican president. SInce then, the GOP’ers have managed to destroy what was once a great and thriving nation made worse by the Bush family’s combined 12 yrs in office. One would think Bush, Sr would have learned something with Reagen.

GOP”ers have been the morons since 1989. Im sure they welcomed you with open arms.

4. BobL says:

Priebus is just stupid.

5. Darren says:

How can this state ever go to the GOP. Think of all the people who have moved here because of the free welfare they are given, I can’t tell you how many ID’s i was given to cash welfare checks. 50% came from other states, mainly, Illinois and WIsconsin.
    I also know the liquor store next to the business I worked at cashed welfare checks.
    Yeah, when you have that many people on welfare in Minnesota of course they are going to vote for democrats who give them all that free money.

6. Sue says:

Love you Liberals, but our vote will count only once. Yours with ACORN about 5

7. Pavel says:

You don’t even deserve a comment.

8. Lucifer says:

Yup, corruption runs deep in MN government (think Mark Richie) and ACORN was out in force last election to defeat Norm Coleman to seat the “give myself an “F” Markie Dayton and the lunatic Freaky Franken.

Not to worry… there is a new Sheriff in town now and these corrupt practices will be fixed before the next election for Obummer and smiling Amy. One person, one vote and dead peoples votes don’t count. No more corrupt “vouching” for strangers, no more piles of misplaced ballots showing up. The corruption in the voting districts will be corrected so the votes of ALL Minnesota residents will be fairly counted. And most importantly, the free money gravy train for everyone will be derailed.

1. The Hit Man says:

ACORN had 1/100000000000000000000000000000000000th of the influence of the Koch Brothers and Grover Nordquist.

Give it a rest. Your comment is so yesterday.

1. Lucifer says:

and The Koch Brothers had 1/100000000000000000000000000000000000th of the influence that unions had on the elections. Why do people like you have such a problem with wealthy individuals and corporations contributing to their favored candidates but you have no problem with the influence of big money unions?

You and your socialist party are also so yesterday

2. meow says:

Lucifer, who is the new Sheriff? Just curious.🙂

1. Lucifer says:

The new sheriff are the conservative working people of the State of MN. They are the ones that work and pay taxes, own property, own businesses that provide the products and services that you need and employ you and your family. The are the ones that care about America and wish to keep America a free market capitalist republic (as opposed to a mob rule democracy). They are the enlightened individuals that are tired of supporting capable but lazy people that make it their full time job to find what entitlements they qualify for. They oppose those people that feel they are entitled to a middle class lifestyle even though they do not work or contribute to society in any meaningful way. They are opposed to the politicians that are using the wealth of America to advance their political careers and buy votes from the segments of the population that might well sell their own mother for the promise of something for nothing.

The new sheriff is not married to any particular political party and will demand a stop to the growth of government spending and government intrusion in the lives of Americans that only wish to be free and left alone to benefit from the fruits of their own success. The new sheriff is not one person but instead, a following of like minded individuals of all age groups, gender, race and social and economic persuasions. The new sheriff is the Tea Party (also known as teabaggers by those that feel treatened by the change that they advocate like yourself, meow). Be grateful for these folks and join their ranks meow. You tooo can be proud of America once again and benefit by a free society.

9. ya know says:

I won’t vote for him. Didn’t last time, and DEFINITELY WON’T this time.

He’s a liar. Like all liberals.

1. Obama Supporter says:

I doubt your vote will be missed.

1. Lucifer says:

Obummer is the biggest failure ever as president of the USA. I don’t know one person that can honestly say that their life and financial condition is better today than it was when he took office, except maybe for government workers and lazy union thugs but even theri number is up now that the stimulous money is gone.

In the unlikely event that Obummer is in the race in 2012 he will need every vote he can get, dead or alive votes. The more likely senerio is that Obummer will pull out of the election at the last minute when the dumbocrat party realizes that he cannot win the election. He will walk away with any money that you and your zombie kool-aide drinking friends have donated to him…… laughing all the way to the bank.

1. truth hurts says:

That one wants people to engage him. My life took a very bad turn in 2008 because of the housing market collapse. Squarely, Bush is at fault for my life being ruins at this time. Stuck with two house payments because one could sell anyone close to the asking price we were in deep trouble.

Where was the needed leadership during this collapse?

To fund two house payments, sold 50K of stocks. Luckily, before the Bush stock market crash to under 7K. Then, we took out a loan on our retirement account and reinvested in the stock market when it was just over 7K. We put off all plans to redo basement because one house just was selling. We figured stocks couldn’t go lower than 5K. Besides, Bush was going to be out-of-office.

Then, things turned. Obama was elected. We found renters for one of properties no more two house payments. Our stocks climbed nicely, thank you Obama. We decided to sell part of stocks just before debt ceiling crisis rocked the market. I had a bad feeling that the GOPs were going to crash the stock market again. My guess was right.

I’m proud to say that today was great I wrote a 34K check to payoff one house and Obama drove past my business and I’m proud to be American.

1. truth hurts says:

That one wants people to engage him. My life took a very bad turn in 2008 because of the housing market collapse. Squarely, Bush is at fault for my life being ruins at this time. Stuck with two house payments because no one could sell anyone close to the asking price we were in deep trouble.

Where was the needed leadership during this collapse?

To fund two house payments, we sold 50K of stocks. Luckily, before the Bush stock market crash to under 7K. Then, we took out a loan on our retirement account and reinvested in the stock market when it was just over 7K. We put off all plans to redo our basement because the housing market was flat. We figured stocks couldn’t go lower than 5K. Besides, Bush was going to be out-of-office.

Yes, I should add were able to get 40K loan for 2.250 percent last week. Again, thank you Obama for these great interest rates.

2. filthy rich libs says:

Sounds like you are more of a greedy lib. Who needs 2 houses/ Don’t you know people are homeless? You also have stocks? Greedy, greedy, greedy.

3. Mike says:

Ever since Obama took office, my life has been on an upswing. I’m out of CC debt and have money in the bank. I’m not a government worker either. I was given a rather nice tax breaks the last two years from being a working citizen. I’m not wealthy by any means but I live better now than I did during the Bush years. I don’t contribute my life situation totally on any president though, I am responsible for my life choices and from making better choices, I’ve gotten farther in life. I don’t think any president in history has had to deal with the crisis that his administration has dealt with from the Bush mess and the Banking and Automotive mess.

2. Answer says:

Obama Supporter, why exactly do you support this man?? Do you work for the public unions? On a social program of some sort? Only answers I can imagine. Let us know what policies of his you support and why?? He has done nothing but waste money since entering office. Please explain as most on here cannot understand how you can support someone who sank the AAA rating of the US for the first time in this countries history. Obama also promised on his election tour that he would cut the deficit in half in his first term. He has gone completly opposite and almost doubled it in 2 and a half years. Hows that change working out for you?? Also, where are all of the liberals blaming Obama for the high gas prices? Thats all Bush heard when in office, gas prices have been higher since Odowngrade has been in office more so than any other person, where are all those voices now?? How can this man be supported? We need to cut our spending. Please explain what you like about this guy.

1. Iconoclast says:

Only the S&P downgraded, and even they admitted it wasn’t on data.

I’d support Obama over any Republican in the country. Not because I’m a Democrat, but because the Republicans are as crazy as the day is long, and I’m not interested in constitutional amendments to prevent equal rights for American citizens.

1. meow says:

Agreed. I find that Obama is the lesser of the two evils in government. Plus for some it’s a choice of Socialism versus Fascism. There are more issues than just a heated economy. Companies are also a huge factor when it comes to economy, not just the government or one person can be blamed. If only the GOP would offer up someone who was more moderate but leaned conservative, I think it could be sold to the public but when it’s severely bigoted and religious wing-nuts with no real intelligence and a track record of psycho-babble… well, then people will naturally stick to Obama. Even Perry is far too religious for the majority of the public and many cry he is a carbon copy of Bush and we all know the Bush years have left a huge scar on America. So again… Obama is the lesser of the evils. He speaks of compromise and finding middle ground in government. That sounds logical and reasonable to me.

10. Answer says:

Please explain how conservatives wanting a balanced budget are crazy?? I think most agree that you would be crazy to blindly vote for a person just because he is not a republican. We need conservative leadership in this country that will balance the budget not on the backs of its tax payers. There is plenty of waste to be cut to balance the budget. The budget has more than doubled in the last ten years. A lot of this was for the Iraq war. We now have a much, much smaller foot print there. However Obama still increases the budget 10% or more every year. Someone explain where all of this money is going.