Bachmann Wishes Elvis Happy Birthday On Death Date

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann got her Elvis Presley dates all shook up during a campaign stop Tuesday in South Carolina.

The congresswoman from Minnesota played the Elvis tune “Promised Land” at a local restaurant and told the crowd of 300 that she wanted to say happy birthday to the king of rock `n’ roll.

“Before we get started, let’s all say happy birthday to Elvis Presley today!” Bachmann said.

But Aug. 16 is the anniversary of Elvis’ death, in 1977, and someone in the crowd shouted back, “He died today!”

Bachmann didn’t respond and launched into her speech.

She didn’t miss a beat on the Elvis front either. As she signed autographs, she paused for a brief shag dance with one of her fans.

Bachmann corrected herself later as she spoke with reporters, noting the date marked Presley’s passing, not his birth.

“As far as we’re concerned, he’s still alive in our hearts,” Bachmann said.

Bachmann has stumbled over cultural references before. In June, she kicked off her presidential campaign in Waterloo, Iowa, calling it the home of American actor John Wayne. The town was actually home for a time to serial killer John Wayne Gacy.

Comments

1. dflsux says:

Rather her, than Obama…

At least we know she could do a much better job.

1. nc says:

Please!!!! Are you serious? How do you think she could do a better job? You must be blinded by her supposed good looks or you’ve got your politics and religious views mixed up!

1. Tom says:

@nc

And then they wonder why we call them nuts!

1. r says:

kind of like biden telling the disabled veteran in the wheelchair to stand up and take a bow or obama calling the the Marine corpses

1. TopB says:

@r: Uh….kinda, but NOT really. Biden and Obama can readily apologize, laugh, or self-deprecate after such an error. NOT Michelle…nope. BOO!

2. MICHELE SUX says:

GIVE IT UP FOLKS!!! THE MOST POPULAR IDIOT IN THE COUNTRY, MICHELE BACHMANN

3. 'Did I do that?" -M.B. says:

Its kinda funny, in the picture she has that “I F’ed up again?’ look on her face.

4. PFred says:

Good looks, I think she has that deer in a headlights glazed over look ALL the time. She doesn’t think before she speaks, she quote things inaccurately CONSTANTLY and also contradicts her own statements on a regular basis. Their family business as she says is not her’s, its her husband’s. A family business is just that, a family business. AND, you don’t think her husband runs his ideas on how to deal with people and the issues they come to their clinic with? Give me a break. She’s just as much behind the “cure your gayness” as her hubby is. Not too bright!!!

2. GulfWarVet says:

I would rather take another bullet then have her in the white house.

1. Me says:

That’s a terrible thing to say and I am happily reporting your inappropriate comment.

1. internet police says:

Grow a set would ya?

2. Al says:

I’ve never taken a bullet, but would be willing to make the same sacrifice.

3. PFred says:

YUP!!!! Me too! I agree 101%%

3. rangerrick says:

As a lifelong Republican, local business owner, and ardent defender of our nation, please allow me to be the first to say, YOU are an idiot.

1. Jim says:

rangerrick, you just replied to three people and no one knows who your comment is directed toward. Welcome to the internet.

1. noticereplytoarrows says:

I can tell rangerrick replied to dflsux, as well as I see you replied directly to rangerrick.

Internet 2.0

1. Jim says:

GulfWarVet’s reply appears below nc’s post, but he’s obviously responding to dflsux. See how that works?

This internet stuff is pretty easy for most people.

2. rangerrick says:

Jim, the fact that you do not have the capacity to comprehend the functionality of the WCCO comments section leads me to believe that you and “dflsux” are roommates in the same hospital. Medication time?

1. Jim says:

“Medication time?”

I wish.

2. IWonderIF says:

hahahahahah LMAO… are these idiots for real!

3. TopB says:

@Jim: Actually, the far left arrow to the left side of “rangerrick” denotes that he is replying directly to “dflsux”.

rangerrick is clearly making the point that as passionate a Republican and patriot as he is, he finds Michelle to not be a suitable candidate; she’s not necessarily better than Obama in his conservative opinion.

Hope that helps.

2. snowman says:

Let me be the first to say YOU are a hillbilly If I knew what your small business is i would boycott it cant be very successful or you wouldnt be wasting your time on here

1. rangerrick says:

I sell English language and grammar study programs. We’re having a special on punctuation and run-on sentences this week. Are you certain about that boycott?

1. rangerrick is my hero says:

Do I get a finder’s fee if I refer folks to you? There are plenty of morons on these pages. I could earn a few extra bucks for a vacation.
            🙂

2. I*am*a*Star says:

You have a run on name rangerrick

3. i*heart*rangerrick says:

Awesome.

4. Tom says:

@dflsux

You are delusional to make that statement!

5. Lake of the Isles Res. says:

You can’t really be serious. I did’t vote for Obama but at least the guy is predictable. This woman scares the heck out of me because you have no idea what’s going on in that head.

1. Architect says:

Still not as bad as Barry saying there was 57 states. At least Bachmann believes in the Constitution!!

1. Jim says:

In both cases it was just a slip of the tongue. I don’t care if MB knows when Elvis was born, and President Obama obviously does not believe there are fifty states. But it’s telling that Repubs keep bringing it up over, and over, and over again.

Another poorly designed post by the “Architect.”

1. Counselor Mackey says:

Have you ever wondered (or considered) how many commenters are using that moniker, Jim?

Any time someone here doesn’t like what you have to say, they will steal your moniker and post something they feel is exactly opposite of your actual sentiment in a weak effort to mock you.

Just thought I’d clue you in on what happens here on ‘CCO…

2. what do you want? says:

Predicable in a BAD WAY!

3. Inside Michele's Head? says:

Air.

6. Aaron says:

Bachman is about as qualified to run this country as Palin.

1. yo bro!!!! says:

as qualified as obama

7. King says:

What a nut job ! If anybody would even vote for her, would also be a nut job.

2. GOPSuxMore says:

One more way MB has demonstrated she is a true moron. Yes, this is seemingly a trivial matter, but her history of misrepresenting facts, misquoting, and backtracking does NOTHING for her credibility.

1. meow says:

AGREED 1000% … is this seriously the best that the GOP has to offer in a time when they could win the election? They won’t be winning with the Bachmann brand.

1. bark says:

Who said she was the “best the GOP had to offer!”

I have said since day one she rubbs people the wrong way…..

Still…I like her ideas! (Beats the situation we are currently in!)

I PROMISE you she will NOT be the GOP’s choice…..

Mit or Herman….my bet…..

Still…MB is still better than OBAM!

1. Frank Rizzo says:

“Still…I like her ideas!”

No you don’t. You couldn’t. She hasn’t presented any ideas of her own. Never, not once. She is a puppet, and a friggin ugly one at that.

1. Jim says:

She presented the idea that you can make yourself less gay by praying for it to be so. And that it’s a good idea to complain publicly about federal farm subsidies while collecting them privately. Those are both ideas; one stupid and one hypocritical, but ideas nonetheless.

2. Jerky boy? says:

True to a Point Frank…I will give you that…..she has been more of a “Spokesperson” for the tea party than an actual “doer” but this whole thing is mute!
            She will drop out in the next 2 to 3 weeks….watch…then she will just be good ol’ MB from MN again….and you can all make fun of her as the repub in Dem land….
            I just have to laugh though guys…..Obam’s about giving you people LESS choices….and you say MB has never had an original thought in her head…..
            Be careful what you wish for. Pretty soon you will be drinking the DFL cool-aid, eating DLF corn, and reading books on ways to “better yourself through increased taxes and fewer choices”

1. mute on moot says:

Or should I say it’s a MOOT point…..sorry..old habbits die hard….

2. Tom says:

@ bark

You obviously don’t understand that Social Conservatives do not want smart, intelligent , self thinkers for their candidates!

If she is who Social Conservatives want to be the nominee to go againest Obama how do you see the GOP getting out of that one?

2. Murph says:

You left out that she will NEVER be the smartest person in the room even if she’s there alone! But at least Timmy the boringest ghoul is gone! I have to thank her for that! Thanx Michele! Now go home and consult with one of your imaginary visitors! She has a talent and future in comedy and doesn’t even know it!

3. Matt says:

I don’t even consider Tea Party members part of the GOP they are just too crazy even for GOP standards

1. Counselor Mackey says:

Just like the GOP, they wish to add a constitutional amendment restricting the rights of certain Americans.

3. Mike says:

…… cant ……. stop ……… laughing

She is BEYOND ridiculous and delusional. She has the CRAZY EYES too. You know, windows to the soul. (shudder)

1. StraycatStrut says:

Welll at least Bachman knows how many states we have…… 57 right?

1. Matt says:

If you count the us territories in the world we’ll have 66 Peurto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Somoa, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands and 11 more islands

2. Whacked Out says:

I believe she found Elvis’ lost stash.

Since she wants to talk about dead musicans I think she makes Janis Joplin look straight.

4. Pat says:

I think it’s funny. So what if she got it wrong, although the John Wayne thing is quite the guffaw. This made the news? Pretty ludicrous. I guess we know how cco runs with politics.

1. Matt says:

wcco has focus on local figures.

2. Sean says:

The same wcco that ran the worst possible picture of Mark Dayton . Pat would appear to be one of those fecalheads who think that if you write the least bit negative (forget that it is true) about a conservative you are a whacked out liberal. Too blind or unable to think through that wcco likes to put all politicians in the worst possible light except for Arne Carlson.

5. Funny says:

Bachman the Sarah Palin of 2012….It will be nice to have a few laughs and a new SNL character.

1. Peggy says:

You are so-o-o-o right!

2. Swamp Rat says:

@Funny
      She’s not like Sarah Palin but SNL appearances for Bachmann might not be ‘politically correct’! She’s needs more gray matter between the ears to have a SNL sense of humor. It would be hilarious though! LMAO! already.

3. The Axe Swinger says:

At least Sarah Palin is hot. Bachmann would make Charlie Sheen celibate.

1. Jim says:

The idea that Sarah Palin is hot is a vile lie. I can’t think of a single hot female politician. Not one. Some are better looking than others. But hot? No.

1. Frank Rizzo says:

She’s so hot that I have every episode of Sarah Palin’s Alaska recorded on my DVR. Her daughters are smokin hot too.

Hot. Yes.

Mind you, I wouldn’t vote for her to be the person who reads the school lunches on the morning announcements. But damn is she fun to look at! Wowsers!

1. Jim says:

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I can’t argue with a man who DVRed Sarah Palin’s Alaska. That’s dedication! I don’t deny that she looks great for a 46-year-old mother of five.

2. mushroom stamper says:

I’d give them both a mushroom stamp of approval.

1. Counselor Mackey says:

You would voluntarily view Michele Bachmann unclothed?

I have to ask why, and what would you be looking forward to seeing exactly??

6. Swamp Rat says:

Ms Bachmann strikes again. She can’t tell the difference between a birthday or funeral/death anniversary! She wants to be President? Too bad she wasn’t in Memphis when this gaffe occurred. Tar-&-feathering by Elvis would have been too good for her.

Don’t mean to sound disrespectful but isn’t time Bachmann gets a new intelligent knowledgeable staff to help through her lapses of historical note? Otherwise, it’s the Michelle Bachman “LMAO Show”!!! Don’t you love T-Bagger politics???

1. meow says:

I’m sure you could hear her staff giggling behind her knowing full well they gave her the wrong info. But no worries… her spine is made of TITANIUM

1. Chris says:

@meow… That is what I thought too… Feeding her bad info…

Too bad for her, but we wouldn’t want them working at the Whitehouse!

Obama needs to be replaced, so we are hoping for the GOP to get it together soon… all of this other stuff is just distraction/entertainment!

7. Don't worry says:

She’ll be out of it by October. The GOP money players will see to that. The BigBoys want Romney, and that’s who they’ll get.

1. meow says:

I think you have a good point. Bachmann is just a diversion for the haters to hate on. I think she is a disgrace to the GOP party… but then again, so was Bush.

1. frozenrunner says:

The old axiom of any news is good news. Don’t you think the getting small inconsequential stuff wrong is an act set up by the handlers?
        Romney might not be controllable as say a Perry. If the GOP power brokers wanted Romney it would have happened in 08.

8. Tom L says:

every time she talks….lessens her chances of being president of ANYTHING…she might as well join T-Pee on the sidelines. I will say these supposed republican candidates do offer comic relief….and nothing else.

9. BillyJeanKing says:

Michelle longs to be dominated by a strong woman.

10. Mike Merker says:

I wonder if she will repeat that in all 57 states? Or maybe she has asthma and she needed a breathalyzer to clear her lungs! Or that unemployment benefits creates jobs! Face it every politician says something stupid on the campaign trail, it’s a fact of life. This gets all blown up but you would never know president downgrade said any of the above since the press didn’t want to tarnish him!

1. Citizen says:

LOL

Of course someone had to come say “But what about Obama???” even while Bachmann continues to disgrace and dishonor Americans, America, and her party. How freaking sad you are.

1. StraycatStrut says:

@Citizen……… if someone does not mirror you they are out of touch …. right? You must be a Perfect Citizen!!!! You should run for President….. how many agree?

1. Citizen for Prez!! says:

Citizen for Prez? Hell yeah. As long as I can be her right hand woman. We could clean up this place in 30 minutes. Old O-done-a had to respond to that one!

2. frozenrunner says:

@ Stray
          The out of touch comment in regards to politics is usually used by the right wingers to describe anyone who dares disagree with them. IMHO The poster with the moniker Citizen will merely inform you of everything you probably don’t know and a book or two that will correct that situation (while forgetting that you might not read anything longer than 25 words).

1. CITIZEN says:

@frozenrunner. The “Citizen” poster is not me, the one who points out books and reading material. I have almost ceased reading ‘CCO or commenting because life is too precious to waste it on stupidity and a website that does not provide a good factual story. You can see that anyone who signs on as me will get the rage of the right because I have poked them so many times and revealed their pathetic ignorance. You will notice also that the real “O-done-a” is probably gone, too.

11. The Axe Swinger says:

Go ahead & hate on her all you want..She’s a natural leader with solid,fresh ideas & would make a fine President in 2012..Simple irrelevant so-called gaffes don’t disqualify her..She’s got my support & vote!

1. Roll N Eyes says:

Yes please please!!

Bachmann Palin in 2012
      or
      Palin Bachmann in 2012

I would LOVVVVVVE to see that – let’s make it happen…. *groan*

2. Mark says:

Natural leader? She has led what to what precisely? What fresh idea? I’m pretty sure the GOP has shouted no new taxes for eons. What solutions does she offer, what insight? All she has going for her is being photogenic and an ability to yell a lot while saying things that get attention. She’s the new Palin because everyone already figured out Palin and her game.

1. Just Sayin says:

Wait.

Photogenic?

In what effing way is Michele Bachmann “photogenic?????”

3. Tom L says:

thanks for your permission….

if she gaffes as much as she does on the campaigne trail…. how can anyone trust her to speak intelligently if she is, God forbid, elected and in the White House speaking to other leaders – foreign and domestic? No thanks.

we’ve already went through 8 yrs of speech impediments prior to Obama….dont think we need to go through that again, genius.

12. garage illogic says:

Funny how the right hates it when you print the facts.

13. Roll N Eyes says:

O
    M
    F
    G

How did her district elect and then re-elect her again!!

1. Frank Rizzo says:

Chronic Moronism.

2. Reasonable says:

National money that buys a lot of attack ads in a market with less than 1 million voters?

14. gonzo says:

She’s made some erroneous references, and so a media already in attack mode watches every word for more fodder. And you would think that her staff would be having some chats with her about winging it. Still, the John Wayne Gacy mixup, it’s like Larry says, I don’t care who ya are, that there’s funny.

15. Gloria says:

She is nothing more than an idiotic fool!

16. Max says:

This is hardly the only thing this woman is “confused” about…….LOL.

17. dflsux says:

I was simply saying, I’d rather her than Obama…

Anybody can run presidency better than obama. He’s already proven that.

All you liberal morons are just in fear because she is actually gaining some pretty good ground. And, you all know very well that Obama doesn’t stand a chance for re-election.

How’s that hope and change workin out?

Don’t be upset when you lose.

1. Frank Rizzo says:

Nobody is in “fear” that she’s “gaining ground.”

She’s an idiot. We all see that. There’s no fear, there’s no hatred, there’s no misogyny. She’s just a moron. That’s it. It doesn’t even get down to her politics (what politics?) when she’s as outwardly dumb as she is.

18. Christin says:

You call this news? Come on, people! If you have to ridicule someone for such an insignifant verbal mistake, you are obviously insecure. Grow up, CBS News and anyone else who spent any amount of paid working hours on drawing attention to this. Unbelievable!

1. Counselor Mackey says:

What might constitute a “significant” verbal mistake? I’m curious.

19. ang says:

Big deal. Give her a break. So she made a mistake. Are republicans not allowed, only democrats? Joe Biden made bigger flubs than that and I didn’t see a story about it on wcco everytime. In one of Obama’s speeches he said he visited 57 states by the way. So critical.

1. Frank Rizzo says:

She gets no breaks. She is an idiot. This wasn’t some random, strange misstated fact here. She says false statements CONSTANTLY.

The only break she needs is across that hideous face of hers.

20. Murph says:

She’s so insane I bet she thinks this article is about her! I bet she told Elvis personally during one of her seances.If she had dealt the tarot cards first I bet she would have got it right! Yep she’s Presidential material alright! You can take that all the way to the asylum! Tea Partiers just make themselves look like fools supporting such a basket case as Michele!

21. ANG says:

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN SUCH AS YOU MURPH. YOU DEM SUPPORTERS NEED TO GET A LIFE AND REALIZE THAT PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. YOU MUST BE PERFECT I TAKE IT.

1. GOPinhales says:

She is running for the leader of the free world. You can’t give a pass on something so ignorant. If she was just a person down the street, I would say lay off, it was a mistake. See the difference?

2. Nelson says:

@ ANG WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!WWWWWWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
      HA HA!!

3. reader says:

Ive seen alot of mean comments from republicans at dems, so it goes both ways.

4. Murph says:

Ang, please just take a good look at those glazed eyes.She’s a space cadet!

1. Living Proof..... says:

……that “they” have landed!

22. snowman says:

Why would any body support a candidate that wants to dismantle healthcare reform and go back to the future of an expensive broken healthcare system?

1. Michael E. says:

because this is not socialist america. be responsable for YOURSELF, and not rely on anyone else.

1. snowman says:

Thats right,and when people can no longer pay for healhcare from the big,moneygrabbing insurance cos, and Republicans have broken up medicare,people like you will be paying our E.R. bills

2. reader says:

so, if you were laid off from your job, because your job was sent overseas, I can assume you would not apply for Unemployment because it is a resource by the government.

23. JoeyJoJo_MN says:

As good as the corndog pics.

24. Michael E. says:

this is not American idol people. morons that can think for themselves and need government to hold their hands are so threatened by her ability to make decisions that are going to turn this country around. Get off your wagons and be prepared, 2012 baby, end of this yellow brick road !!!!

1. Frank Rizzo says:

She has no ability to make decisions. Nobody is threatened by her.

The moron is Michele Bachmann, and now also you.

2. frozenrunner says:

@ Michael E. Decisions? She votes no, she takes government money, she has to decide what to wear. She has made no decisions of consequence. Has she proposed what programs to cut and how to do it? There is no evident of an idea anywhere. Like almost all of the rest of them, they talk a lot, but do nothing. They all hold jobs in government except for Cain. Not a one but Ron Paul has ever proposed a bill to cut anything. You are not going to balance the budget by quiting to fund the arts.

25. I'm Republican, Can't You Tell says:

Who was this Elvis guy anway? Who cares about foreign actors….

26. Reasonable says:

This sums up the whole thing:
    Bachmann didn’t respond and launched into her speech.

Whenever she’s caught doing something stupid she just pretends it never happened and rolls right along. If someone questions her, she goes on the attack.

I guess Iran is still planning to carve up Iraq?

1. Frank Rizzo says:

So so true.

She flat out ignores her obvious lies even when she’s caught mid-sentence in the lie, and then she shouts some stupid Tea Party slogan instead, like “Obama will be a one term President!” and then she gives this big beaming smile and waits for the applause.

She’s an idiot of the highest order of idiots.

She could be made to look like a fool by Karl Pilkington….

27. dan says:

Liberals are as easy to fake out as pretending to throw something for a dog but hold it behind your back. You guys are out here just lapping up anything you can drool on only to find out this is all a ploy.
    Romney his whats behind the back and you guys are all too stupid to know the wool is being pulled over your eyes everyday. Go ahead and waste your time hammering on 3rd rate politicians

28. Tim says:

Did you see her goin’ down on that corndog! Oh yeah……….schwing!

1. Oh YA!! says:

Did you see Marcus goin on that corndog?

29. Eric says:

Makes you want to shoot your TV, doesn’t it?

30. Lake of the Isles Res. says:

I pity this woman. She is being used as a mindless tool with a lot of makeup and pretty outfits.
    The GOP will put her back where she belongs in 5… 4… 3… 2…

31. Barry says:

Boy, she sure has all you libturds running scared!! LMAO

1. snowman says:

Thats it disagree with people, call them names

2. Iconoclast says:

Nothing would make me happier than to see her win the Repliturd (See, I can do that too) nomination. She is a delusional idiot and would lose badly. Sorry…..I’m not scared. LMAO

32. American Patriot says:

Obama’s comment about 57 states is CORRECT…he just forgot to add “and territories”. Of course, tea baggers do not know (or can care less ) that there are millions of Americans citizens or nationals that live in 7 non-states territories and jurisdictions of the US…don’t know the names of the 7 inhabited non-states? Google it up!

1. dan says:

There are also 7 days in a week! Do you actually believe the cow dung you just wrote?

2. IWonderIF says:

ok I see your point.. If you count the virgin islands as 3 then yes you can argue 7… Maybe this is what he meant .. maybe not..

3. too good says:

More like “American Idiot” with that comment….

WOW……way to make a point that makes OUR point!

33. we says:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Marcus B says:

Well, at least our lightbulbs will be set free.

35. Deep Thinker says:

The Tea Party………………..coming to a universe near you soon

1. Carl says:

So which Tea Party concept scares you so much Deep thinker? You may not like the messanger but whats wrong with the message? Follow the constitution & cut wasteful spending are somehow scary to you? Please explain

36. Helen says:

I’m seriously embarrassed to be from MN thanks for Michelle Bachmann…

1. Cindy says:

Please move to North Dakota, we can do with one less free loader!

1. Matt says:

just because someone has a different view than you makes them a free loader? You are a true idiot.

2. What goes around says:

Don’t worry Helen….I am sure she feels the same way about YOU!

37. Deep Thinker says:

Does anyone really know a member of the Tea Party? They are very angry & hateful people….just what the USA needs right now…………morons that are to childish to compromise…

1. boohoo says:

I think you would be “angry and hateful” too when you see the current govt RUINING the US!

How are your stocks/IRA’s doing? How many friends/family do you know that are unemployed……

Darn right we are angry!!!!

Deep thinker? More like Deep Drinker!

1. Me says:

My 401k is fine. The last time it took a serious hit was in the fall of 2008.

2. reader says:

@ boohoo, I know lots that are unemployed, and it all happened whe republicans were in office, I saw it coming long before most did. You want to know when things are going bad, watch your contstruction worker neighbor, when you want to know when it is picking up, watch your construction worker neighbor. During Bush as prez and T-Paw as Gov, I knew way too many who were not working, or leaving MN to work elsewhere (and all the states had alot of out of work construction workers.) Now that the country has a Dem Prez and Dem Gov, they are starting to work again. And the rest of the nation and state will follow, just watch and see. OH,. and my stocks and IRA could not be better, lost alot under the Republican rule, starting to improve under the Dem.

3. Deep Thinker says:

Not one family member unemployed & all my friends currently have jobs. Also my 401k has grown nicely the last 3 years…..so be angry you childish moron

4. This is why we are BROKE says:

ALL OF YOU must be cracked! When have you looked last? Either that or you have ONE HECK of a financial planner! Or you have all of your retirement money in a savings account? (Oh that’s right….the broke government will take care of you….why do you need to take care of YOURSELF?)

Have you seen the housing market? Have you seen the stock market? (that MOST people’s 401k’s are based on)

Have you seen the unemployment rate? Look at it and look who was in office when it was lower than it is today? Maybe one of your neighborhoods was different due to, I don’t know….the fact you lived near a govt office?

But for ANY of you to say “unemployment is better now compared to when the Republicans were in office” and say “the stock market and people’s retirement funds are better now” compared to when the Republicans were in office….are truly clueless!

What color is the sky in your world? Do you pay attention to the market on a daily basis? Are you aware the USA lost its TRIPPLE A rating for the 1st time since what…the 1910s or some date dating back to prior the great depression?

You see people…..here lies the problem!!! You left wingers do not understand the economy and think things will just take care of themselves! Or the people you elected to office will just raise the taxes on the rich, and they will just sit there and pay it! Didn’t the elections in WI give you ANY indication on how the majority of the US feels?

Our State Govt SHUT DOWN! Our Federal govt almost DEFAULTED on its financial obligations……And you DEFEND this?

PLEASE…..READ what these people are saying and tell me they have a REAL grasp on the TRUE economy!!! They do NOT, and these are the types of people electing people into office!

This is why we are in the state we are in…….

1. Stacy Nelson says:

The state we are in just didn’t happen with Obama (not defending, just stating FACT)…this country was on a super-charged downward spiral thanks to the former President’s 8 years, among other things. We were heading into the toilet long before O came into office. The problem with all polticians is that they forget the real reason people put them into office, they want HONEST, SINCERE, SMART, TRUSTING, individuals who can work together – regardless of affiliation – for the good of all people. Put aside the name-calling, finger pointing garbage and work together for the sake of the United States of America! It shouldn’t be that difficult if the egos were left at home instead of in the public eye.

1. Iconoclast says:

I, personally, cannot believe anybody who states his or her 401k is up over the course of the last 90 days. No way, no how, sorry. It didn’t happen.

But that ain’t Obama’s fault either.

I’m ashamed to admit I voted for GWB, but back in 2000 I could not possibly imagine Al Gore as President.

2. Jack Handy says:

OH! And “morons that are to childish to compromise…”

Really? DId you see the way WI Dem’s acted? And CONTINUE to act after “the public” spoke in the elections?

You are truly blind if you think any other way….

1. Deep Thinker says:

Really? What did I post that had anything to do with democrats? You sound like you might be one of these angry morons just waiting to scream at someone…hope you enjoy that lifestyle

1. Teep Dhinker says:

I guess you missed the point…..if you think the tea party are a bunch of “morons that are to childish to compromise…” my point is you need to compare them to the party it looks like you are defending……

You really needed to ask that question?

Is my post really THAT hard to follow?

1. Deep Thinker says:

I like how you assume things……..as you say “it looks like you are defending” nice assumption……you can’t even follow your own posts….

38. Me says:

Birthday/ passing, Concord, NH Vs. Concord, MA, ally/enemy, North Korea/ South Korea, it’s hard to keep those things straight. Sure, let’s put her in charge of the codes.

39. disgrace says:

Michelle Bachmann might want to be president but she’s far from qualified. If she can’t keep these simple dates in check then how the hell does she think she’s going to run the country. Michelle’s a ding bat! She should just keep her mouth shut, not speak and quite simply quit before making anymore embarrassing statements. As for her supporters, you might has well start supporting the democrats because you’re already supporting the ass.

1. Jake says:

WHO CARES WHAT Elvis Pressley’s birth or death dates are? I surely DON’T. It’s not like the world depends on it, for christ’s sake. Get a LIFE. Or a BRAIN.
      Or just DROP OUT OF SOCIETY ALTOGETHER. Elvis had a gift, he burned it out to the max, and what you see is what is left. I don’t mock him , and I don’t idolize him, that’s just how it is. It’s a shame he died so young, but HE had the power to make the best choices for himself, and failed to do so.

1. TopB says:

@Jake: What you are failing to understand is that most of us don’t specifically care about the dates either. It’s THE WAY in which she handled it that was really bad. When someone yelled, “He died today!”, she should’ve apologized and made a classy follow-up statement or put forth a little self-deprecation. That’s what people are not diggin’ about her – lack of class and wit. She’d rather ignore the situation that take it on, once she stands corrected. And THAT does not bode well for the presidency of the free-world.

40. Mark R says:

wow, this is crazy. it does not matter who at this point, but HONESTLY…. anyone really feel OBAMA could and should be RE ELECTED???? are you completely STUPID???

1. Deep Thinker says:

I’m not completely stupid but the president we had before Obama was, and guess what, we have the chance for another religious Texan to run the country.
      I know this is off track but I have heard commentators say that Rick Perry is George Bush without a brain. Seriously? That’s to funny to make up.

2. lunatic says:

vs this putrid bith if she’s on the ticket … sadly I’d vote for the Dem’s
      This woman is nuts. Plain nuts and certifiable as such I imagine. Like Hitler – she is fricken NUTS

3. TopB says:

@Mark R: Yes, but not necessarily. No. You?

41. I wonder says:

did Marcus dumb to many rotten seeds into her mouth?

42. Kathleen says:

This woman is either brain dead he when she opens her mouth her brains fall out. She does definitely does not check her facts before she opens her mouth. And she wants to be president. Last month she said Actor John Wayne was born in Waterloo, Iowa and it was John Wayne Gacey.

43. Jake says:

Big effing deal. I don’t know Elvis’ birth date or death date, SO FRIGGING WHAT? Means NOTHING. Especially in POLITICS. Get over it, hatemongers, and really try and FOCUS on what’s REALLY WRONG NOW. Just goes to show how pitifully SHALLOW that MOST of YOU POSERS are.

44. Jake says:

Keep in mind, PEOPLE, that Elvis DIED over 30 years ago. So all of you Michelle haters can reel off the death dates of all of your relatives over the past 30 years? NOT!! This means NOTHING, except to those who still feel that they can make a lowly buck from Elvis’ name and fame. I would call them SCUMBAGS.

1. Iconoclast says:

If we did, and we shouted it to 500 people, would we get it wrong?

45. THE TRUTH says:

YOU ARE ALL NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. Otto says:

she got that all wrong, too. He’s not even dead…he’s a manager for a seven/eleven in Kalamazoo. I just bought a slurpee there last week

47. Jon says:

Another non-news story, big deal. I’m sorry I wasted my time reading it. Those of us with longer memories remember Obama and the 57 states, or Biden’s many foot-in-mouth episodes, but they rarely get the media play that a Republican does. Just more predictable liberal media bias. And now, I leave you to your unproductive chatter.

48. Jake says:

I’ll bet that few of you could state George Washington’s birth date or day of death, without looking it up on the internet. So, SO WHAT about Elvis’ date of death OR birth. We have far MORE important issues to be dealing with right now, GROW UP, America, and get your priorities straight, before it’s TOO LATE.

1. Iconoclast says:

That’s true, and that’s why I don’t wish Washington a happy birthday on the day he died and why I wouldn’t do it to a gigantic crowd while futilely running for President.

She knows nothing, but shouts at the wind anyway, hoping desperately to hear cheers and applause. She’s like a poorly trained monkey, really.

49. Murph says:

Are candidates for President tested for illegal drugs? The girl always seems to looked spaced out to me? If a druggie can’t drive a city bus,why should they be allowed to run the country!

1. CITIZEN says:

@Murph. Bush II participated in a lot of shenanigans in college with various substances. A lot of his behavior would have been the basis for the rejection of him as a federal employee during a routine background investigation if he applied for a job. You don’t need a security clearance background investigation to pass to be a President or Congresscritter. Isn’t that sad?

1. Iconoclast says:

Obama admits to having smoked pot, but doesn’t think he should be sent to prison for smoking it.

Why are other people sent to prison for smoking it then?

1. PFred says:

They aren’t sent to prison for SMOKING it, they are sent to prison for selling it illegally. REALLY!!!??? Get your facts straight before you post them. There is a lot of senseless name calling here and a lot of wasted space. MB is not national political material or for that matter, local political material and I am wondering what anyone was thinking when they elected her to any political position. Wonder what she’s been taking that she has that “look” everytime you see her in public. SCARY!!!! The air flow between her ears is getting to her!!

50. Sarah in Outstate Mn says:

Please stop with all the childish name calling. It’s pointless.

All politicians make gaffes. No one on either political party excites me.

1. Iconoclast says:

These are “gaffes?”

Why is she not admitting them as such, like other politicians do? Why is she unable to accept and address her lack of knowledge with those who would point it out to her?

Why are you advocating for a free pass for Michele Bachmann, Sarah?

PS, please state your weight, within 5 lbs. I have a guess, ala the guy at Valley Fair.

51. Stacy Nelson says:

She is not a leader, far from it. Those of you think she is need to take a step back and reevaluate your ability to judge “leadership” skills. Politicians are under a microscope, as they should be, and yes we all make mistakes. The issue is she has people telling her what to say, what to do, how to look, where to go, and they failed to stop her from herself (really, Happy Birthday Elvis – on the anniversary of his death?) Open mouth, insert foot. From the movie Forrest Gump “stupid is as stupid does”.

52. l says:

if she could blunder so easily on someone so famous imagine what she would do in the white house “blundering” scary……she is such a dope

53. Mark says:

And I thought we had fun when George spoke!
    “I believe that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully.”
    Now, we get Michelle, who has a huge history of verbal gaffes in the minnesota legislature as well as in the US congress, and “Slick Rick” Perry, who not only wanted to seceed the state of Texas from the union (Treason), as well as not understanding the job of the Federal reserve System.

As far as doing away with Governments intrusion in our lives. I hope those who feel that way enjoy life without water, electricity, and natural gas. All public utilities which are overseen by the government to keep prices as low as possible, and service as high as possible.

Rather have it run for profit? ask the citizens of Atlanta, GA how turning the public water supply over to Aveolia worked out for them.

As for Michelle, I wish Elvis would come back and have a discussion on the differences in anniversaries.

54. M says:

Since when are politicians the brightest bulbs on the tree? obama, w.bush, kerry, biden….jeez, we have to try harder to elect smarter people. In spite of her gaffs, Bachmann has a stronger educational and work background than many. Scary.

55. Steve says:

That woman is an idiot…nuff said!

56. EmbarrassedInWashingtonCounty says:

I live in Michelle’s Bachmann district. I’m not a die-hard Democrat, republican, independent, or liberal, left or right nor conservative. What I am, is a female who is mother, wife, tax-payer and full-college student, who is a concerned voter! I believe in voting for the one who has earned my confidence to get job done without robbing the country’s wealth from the backs of all the hard working Americans. I for one, can proudly say with my head held up high, I did not vote for Michelle! Her so-called professionalism in the public arena is an embarrassment! As she tries to use her so-called polical knowledge by demonstrating it with the use of erratic statements, let’s not forget, that in most cases she ends up putting her foot in her mouth. This kind of non-sense of knowledge or may I say, the lack thereof, in her case, does not reinforce any confidence she needs to earn from voters. In a nut shell, Michelle Bachmann did not surprise me one bit when she wished Elvis a Happy Birthday, when infact it was Elvis’s anniversary of his death. If anything, she had not learn by her own mistakes in the past, that she need to STOP and THINK before opening up her mouth. So, wake up America! Do you really want someone like Michelle Bachmann running the country???