Authorities: Firefighters Contain Plymouth House Fire
Get Breaking News First
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Firefighters battled a house fire Saturday afternoon in Plymouth, Minn., authorities said.
Firefighters responded to the house, located at 240 Zachary Lane, just before 1 p.m. When they arrived, they found heavy smoke throughout the house and a small fire in the kitchen. The firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and the overhead attic space.
Firefights said the fire was a grease fire, which was a started while the family was cooking.
The family of five that lives in the house was able to make it out safely. The Red Cross is assisting the family with emergency services.