Local

Elderly Woman Severely Burned In St. Paul Grease Fire

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. Boy Seeking To Bring Sleigh Of Toys To Children's Hospital
  2. 4 Things To Know For Dec. 18, 2014
  3. Mpls. Office Workers Battle For Best Holiday Cubicle
  4. New Rules Require Calorie Counts On Alcoholic Drinks
  5. Citrus Bowl Excitement Causes Flight Shortages

ST. PAUL (WCCO) — A 75-year-old St. Paul woman was severely burned when a grease fire erupted Friday afternoon, according to fire officials.

The elderly woman was cooking in the kitchen of her apartment at 516 Humboldt Ave. when the fire erupted in her pan, and her clothing caught fire.

When the fire department arrived, the fire was already out. She was treated at the scene and taken to the Regions Hospital.

Fire officials say the woman’s burns are extensive. One other resident complained of difficulty breathing and was also taken to the hospital.

At this time, it’s not known when led to the grease fire, itself. There was no damage to the apartment.
The building is a 4-story senior living apartment building, which is not protected by a fire sprinkler system.

In Minnesota, cooking is the leading cause of building fires, according to the fire officials.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,374 other followers