CTC To Open 46th Season With DiCamillo Premiere
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Twin Cities author Kate DiCamillo will see her “porcine wonder” Mercy Watson come to life on the stage for the first time.
The Children’s Theatre Company of Minneapolis opens its 46th season with the world premiere of “Mercy Watson to the Rescue!”, based on DiCamillo’s series about a toast-loving pig.
It’s the first theatrical adaptation of DiCamillo’s Mercy series. Other of DiCamillo’s works — “The Tale of Despereaux” and “Because of Winn-Dixie” — have been made into movies.
CTC newcomer Sara Richardson will play Mercy in the show.
The show opens Sept. 9 and runs through Oct. 23. Previews begin Sept. 6.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)