Pedestrian Struck By Car In Mpls, In Critical Condition

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A pedestrian is in critical condition after being struck by a car while crossing a street in Minneapolis, according to police.

Police responded to the crash at around 12 a.m. Saturday morning on Lyndale Avenue and 24th Street West.

“I was facing out toward the intersection and we saw a guy starting to cross the road and there was a red oncoming car,” said a witness on the scene, Juliana Mills. “Basically, it just happened so fast. I heard an impact. I saw him fly, you know, over the top of the car. His shoes came off.”

The victim was transported to the Hennepin County Medical Center.

The driver stopped, cooperated with police and was not arrested.

Check back for more information.

Comments

1. kevin says:

The driver stopped and helpled police? The driver was not a POS like Senser.

2. Linedog says:

Kevin – the class envy you exhibit is way too obvious. We can’t ALL have money and be successful. That’s why you live in Uptown, Dobie Gillis. YOU”RE POOR!!! DEAL WITH IT!!! I’m pretty sure if you hit someone with your car, you would hide it in your garage and NEVER call the authorities like Senser did the next day. Why the police lied to the public and said no one had come forward for three or four days is beyond me. Anyway, why do people’s shoes come off when they get hit by cars? I wear workbooks all the time and lace them up tight so this never happens to me.

1. jeff says:

Hey Linedog, don’t be so blatantly ignorant. I live in Uptown and I am not poor, nor are any of my friends. Quite the opposite actually. Have you ever been in the Kenwood or Lake of the Isle neighborhoods of Uptown? I doubt it because there is a lot more money there than your entire podunk suburb or small town. I am also not liberal. You are a narrow minded fool.

3. Peggy says:

II’ve also wondered about the shoes things. I volunteered with MADD for many years and it seems to happen to many crash victims.

4. Justin says:

those darn shoes, if people would just lace them up properly this wouldnt happen, its a tragedy that this person may never have those shoes again

5. Bp says:

One nice thing about wearing workbooks for shoes, is that if gives you something to work on while waiting for the bus!

6. Jeff says:

7. KS says:

Wait a sec Linedog, are you saying that it is OK that Senser left the scene because they “called the authorities the next day”? It doesn’t matter who you are or how much money you have, leaving the scene is still a crime.

8. Rosa Stensberg says:

any updates on the victim? what a sad situation. I lived on 25th & Lyndale for many years & grew up the neighborhood. Accidents do happen everywhere – when it’s near where you’ve spent most of your life it really hits home. My thoughts are w/ the victim as well as the driver- I can’t imagine being behind the wheel & hitting someone.

9. sally says:

I would like to know about the condition of the victim as well. I saw the man get hit and was actually with Juliana when she was interviewed. The reporter misquoted her and also told us the man died, we foolishly believed him only to find out the next day he was only in critical condition, I felt this was an awful thing for a person to do.