Man Dies Nearly 50 Years After Being Shot

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 61-year-old Eagan man who was shot nearly 50 years ago in Nebraska died on Aug. 27 as a result of medical complications from the incident, authorities said.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s office ruled the death a homicide on Tuesday.

Vance Edward Skahen III was shot in Nebraska in 1963 or 1964 when he would’ve been about 14 years old, according to the medical examiner.

He died last week at the University of Minnesota Medical Center from medical complications as a result of the shooting.

No arrests have been made in the murder and the case remains under investigation.

Comments

One Comment

  1. harlan says:

    “Man Dies Nearly 50 Years After Being Shot”

    Gosh, I thought the man was going to live forever. How shocking.

  2. Hugh Jorgan says:

    Gimme’ a break.

  3. Mark says:

    There seems to be some missing information here. Was he on life support 50 years? What happened here?

  4. eugoogley says:

    this story and many more, brought to you by The Onion

  5. DanE P says:

    The Onion, I love the back pages..

  6. Dave's Not Here says:

    “the case remains under investigation.”

    Somehow I doubt this very much. They don’t even know exactly how old he was when he was shot, so tell us all again how deep the investigation is continuing to go. Maybe he was shot by a unicorn or leprechaun, eh?

  7. MZStitch says:

    This story has left me with more questions than answers. What a poorly written/researched article. Sorry I clicked on it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

The Leaderboard
Good Question

Listen Live