Police: 3 Deaths In Oakdale Double Murder-Suicide

OAKDALE, Minn. (WCCO) — Police are still interviewing witnesses and neighbors to figure out what led to the violent deaths of three people in Oakdale Thursday.

Officers believe it was a double murder-suicide. Investigators found a gun and ammunition inside the home and say they aren’t looking for suspects.

A relative identified the three dead as 32-year-old Jamie Anival Almaras Velasquez, his significant other, 28-year-old Cintia Guadalupe Ornelas Bustos, and their 43 year old babysitter Angela Uscanga Gonzalez. All three died of a gunshot wound to the head, according to Oakdale Police.

Velasquez and Ornelas have three children. Police say they don’t know if the couple was married.

The couple’s 6-year-old daughter found them dead in the house after returning from school. Her nanny was also dead. A neighbor called police and reported a lot of blood inside the home.

The girl’s 3-year-old brother was in the home at the time when it happened. His sister found him watching TV. Police believe the little boy may have heard everything.

A third child, an 8-year-old son, was just coming home from school, but never went inside the home.

The children went to a neighbor’s house and the 3-year-old told neighbors that his dad killed his mommy and that’s when police were contacted.

A neighbor, Julie Hartman, said the children were heartbroken and so concerned because they didn’t know where they were going to live.

“(The 6-year-old) went into her house and found her mom and dad dead, and she didn’t know the nanny was in there dead too,” said Hartman. “I consoled the kids and it was so sad. All three of the kids … I just held them. I didn’t know what else to do, but it was very sad. I just held them and they cried — their mommy and daddy are dead, their mommy and daddy are dead.”
Police: 3 Deaths In Oakdale Double Murder Suicide

Police said all three kids are staying with another family member and are undergoing counseling through their schools and social services.

Uscanga has three adult children, according to her nephew Freddy Cortez-Uscanga.

“She was a devoted Christian woman. She loved children which is why she became a nanny. She a was a good caring and respectful person,” he said.

Cortez-Uscanga said she had just started working for the family a few months ago. She met them at church.

Velasquez and Ornelas were seen at church together the night before their deaths.

Police said the couple were allegedly having relationship trouble. Family said they may have been going through some counseling. Vasquez had just returned to Minnesota after living a few months in Guatamala, where he was originally from.

Ornelas’ nephew, Cesar Zagal, said that they had been together for nearly 10 years.

“She was really nice, friendly, and generous,” said Zagal. “We really cared for her and are really sad.”

Police say Velasquez assaulted a roommate in that home three years ago, in September of 2008, but it wasn’t one of the victims in the case.

Comments

1. JamieinMN says:

ANY family with ANY religious beliefs CAN have a dysfunctional family, even atheists believe it or not.

2. Jan says:

THey are too busy to be the first to get it on the internet to get the spelling and facts correct.

3. Kyle says:

Good old ‘CCO!! It doesn’t look like there is much editing of these “stories” before they are published to the ‘net.

4. Metal DJ says:

Very sad story.

5. Todd W. Olson says:

Say, Kevin, just out of curiousity, why do you care when the perps and the victims are both minorities? I’d think this would please you.

1. Todd W. Olson says:

I’m somewhat surprised, because it seems to me that you’d be in favor of minorities being killed. Can I assume you’d have been happy if the children had been killed, too?

1. Kevin says:

No I like kids….its liberals that I wish would perish….

1. Todd W. Olson says:

Really, even kids who aren’t white? Wow, Kevin. Are you feeling OK? We were really hoping for some irrational, murderous spleen venting.

1. Todd W. Olson says:

Oh, I get it; you’re a European-style right winger. Yeah, I’m familiar with their previous work. I don’t think most Americans are interested.

1. Kevin says:

Oh…Todd…I disagree….there are much more of us than you think. Again if you want all of this, than you pay for it. We opt out…

1. Todd W. Olson says:

Yawn, another Timmy McVeigh wannabe. Shouldn’t you be running around in the woods, pretending to be a soldier? I’m surprised that you and Gribble haven’t teamed up…

1. TOW says:

Oh Toddie….we dont pretend to be solkiers…..and we dont run in the woods…..we are the ones that you will be begging for food when it hits the fan……Tim McVeigh had issues with Govt actions. We are the Govt….most of us are paid by your taxes…..you pay us….we train…..you pay us….we arm….you pay us….we buy land…..you pay us…..we survive…….

2. Todd W. Olson says:

Rubbish.

2. Real Talk says:

I would trade 10 of these minorities for you Kevin. And i am not a lib. I voted GOP almost every time. However your bigotry extends way past political ideology. You are just a hateful, dried up, old queen. I’m guess you are either the fattest or ugliest person alive…how else to you explain such unjustified anger and rage toward complete strangers. I bet your parents are real proud…LOLOLOL

3. Real Talk says:

You are so fully of contradictions, double-talk, hyperboles and recycled rhetoric it is honestly funny to read. Not of one your nonsense ramblings produced a single coherent original thought.

I dont know whether to laugh or feel sorry that in your brain, these ramblings are the best you can do. You offer no solutions, only half-thought-out complaints that any ninny who watched fox news for 10 minutes could regurgitate.

Your words are empty and meaningless because you are too spineless or inept to back them up with action. You are a bigger talker with little understanding of the current situation. Grow a pair and do something to support your big words…otherwise STFU and keep it moving.

If you are so fed up, i suggest you either A) become part of the solution and quit your b*tchin. B) Leave and go to Europe if you think they are doing it better (my preferred option)

2. Ha, Ha, Ha!! says:

Typical TeaBagger. Another RuffTuffCreamPuff, long on the hot air, short on the facts.

You do know how to spell, don’t you chum?

3. Amanda says:

America was founded by radicals. Were they conservatives, we’d still be British.

2. Mike says:

If you don’t like it here Kevin, move back to hell where you originated.

1. Kevin says:

Gosh Mike…that really hurts….ouch…..but again….we are going no where…our numbers grow…..our focus sharpens……our views spread like a fire. Your liberal views are coming to their end now…..and if Mpls is not hell….then what is???

6. :o( says:

Geez, I could not imagine walking in on something like this as an adult let alone as a 3 or 6 year old kid. I wonder what their future will hold for them now. So sad.

7. erinmnwild12 says:

That 6 year old girl is going to be traumatized for life! Those poor children😦 I can’t even imagine.

8. Michelle Olen says:

As a parent of two children that were involved in horrific car accident 5 years ago, I can honestly say that when the local newspaper wrote stories about it and people responded to the “comment section” with their words of kindness and encouragement, the words were unbelievably inspiring and heartwarming. Thankfully my children are now okay, but there were dark days and reading these messages gave strength and hope to all of us and we printed all of them and still will read them from time to time. For all of you who have nothing but negativity to spread on these comment sections…shame on you and quite frankly, it sucks. Families read these comments and to be cruel, to pass judgement, to be just ignorant and arrogant, please sit on your hands the next time to you feel the need to post a comment that is not compassionate, no matter how much you feel the world, the particular website you are commenting on or the family needs to hear your divine input. It is not needed.

1. Billy Bob says:

We are not divine….that would be Jesus……and he is too busy to read your posts…..and again we do not care of your thoughts or views…

1. Jamie says:

You are a classless individual….

9. Too funny! says:

Can I have seconds, Kevn?! 🙂

Hahahahahahahaha!

10. Dale Gribble says:

Wouldn’t you rather learn from the master?

11. KC says:

My ancestors came over on the Mayflower, they were “Daughters of the American Revolution” (or whatever that group is called), I have an uncountable number of nationalities in my ancestory including African. What the hell is a real American?

1. Bill Clintons Cigar says:

Your kidding right? Are you that stupid? Your ancestors came over on the Mayflower and they were “Daughters of the American Revolution”? I thought the Americabn Revolution was a month or two after the Mayflower landed…..

1. Amanda says:

I am descended from colonists of the 1620s and by the time of the revolution my family had been here in New England for over 150 years. I don’t believe KC meant his Mayflower ancestors were the same ones who fought King George rather they were Mayflower descendants.

12. kim says:

Why don’t you make stupid comments like this when the people involved have mainstream names? Domestic abuse is in every ethnic group and income level. Would you like to meet my ex-husband? He is a ‘nice’ Norwegian guy.

1. Kevin says:

Maintream names? Wow….what a racist comment that is!

13. Jake says:

Any word on the ‘legal status’ of this family? I’D SURE LIKE TO KNOW. I’m sure that the cops know by now, can’t think of any reason to keep it secret. We all know that tons of illegals live in or near St. Paul. after all, it’s a ‘sanctuary city’.
    THIS is WHY you don’t tolerate ILLEGAL ALIENS in your COMMUNITIES.

1. patty says:

What…..?! What’s the difference now, what their status was? This has nothing to do with the issue of illegal aliens. Most crime is by legal aliens, so your comment makes no sense. I’m not coming back on here to read anything you might say in response, because I don’t care about anything else you have to say. God bless those dear children.

14. Jake says:

Did all of you read in the strib about the woman who got blown away about a week ago by that state trooper? Turns out the FEDS have indicted like 2 DOZEN on meth trafficing, including the dead woman’s hubby. LOTS of meth involved. Thanks, State Trooper, for doing your job.

15. she tried says:

R.I.P. hun you are in gods hands now. 😦