Part Of I-35E Closed This Weekend

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minnesota Department of Transportation is warning of a major road closure in the east Twin Cities metro area this weekend.

Interstate 35E will be reduced to a single lane between Interstate 494 in Eagan and West 7th Street in St. Paul starting at 7 p.m. Friday. The road will then close at 10 p.m.

The road will remain closed until Monday morning at 5 a.m.

Crews are working to repair and resurface the stretch of I-35E, part of an ongoing project to improve the ride, extend the life of the pavement and work on drainage.

The project will include more closures between now and November, when the project is expected to reach completion.

MnDOT announced a series of other impending closures and lane reductions surrounding the project, including a full closure of I-35E between I-494 and Highway 13 from Sept. 23 through Sept. 26.

The road will also close between Loan Oak Road and I-494 the weekend of Oct. 1 through Oct. 3.

Comments

1. Steve says:

What’s the planned detour? That information would be helpful in a news story. Also, in the second paragraph, please change 35W to 35E.

2. Pete says:

Your best bet is to look at MNDOT’s web site, and click on the link for “Weekend Full Closures Sept 16-19”.
    They do show a detour, and it’s an ugly detour!

3. Steve says:

Yeah, I already did that before I posted my comment. The point is, WCCO should have put the detour into the story or at least put a link to the MNDOT page for the construction project. This story also makes you think it’s a full closure. The MNDOT page only lists it as a full NORTHBOUND closure. Southbound will still be open.

1. Pete says:

Yes, reporting has gone down hill (no pun intended) over time.

4. Abby says:

Also, “Lone Oak Rd” not “Loan Oak Rd”

1. chinwhiskers says: