FBI Began Investigating Minn. Women In Summer 2008

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — An FBI agent testifying in the trial of two Minnesota women accused of funneling money to a terrorist group in Somalia says authorities began investigating them in the summer of 2008.

FBI Special Agent Michael Wilson testified Thursday in the case against 35-year-old Amina Farah Ali and 64-year-old Hawo Mohamed Hassan. They say they were helping the needy.

Wilson says agents in Minnesota got a tip from FBI headquarters that Ali had been in contact with a “prohibited group.” Agents set up a wiretap on Ali’s phones in September 2008.

Recordings of some of intercepted calls were played in court Thursday. Prosecutors used the calls and records from money transfer businesses to try to prove that Ali gave money to al-Shabab, which the U.S. considers a terrorist group.

Comments

1. Bob says:

She looks like a nun from the order of Satan.

1. stinky toe says:

I bet she has the dirtiest camel in the desert.

2. Jake says:

I would have been investigatiing them from DAY ONE. How stupid can you get??
    Do these people actually appear to be happy to be HERE?? Hint: This isn’t ROCKET SCIENCE.

3. JailTime? says:

WCCO, I wouls like to read the entire story before the page is refreshed. Time to enable No-Script for the best browser around, Mozilla Firefox!

4. john john says:

I wonder if they are allowed to wear there ninja outfit in prison?
    Hello your in America now

1. em1022 says:

I agree that “Hello in you are in America now!” I was extremely upset when she wouldn’t stand for the judge but was happy that they held her in contempt of court for that at least. Unfortunately she can claim that that is part of her religion which is where the constutition sometimes protects people too much…..you are in America and this is how we do things…if you don’t like or it infringes on your religion practices then go back to where you came from…nobody is forcing them to be here….althought how could one resist the abundance of help that they receive….personally i think they should be punished to the full extent.

5. em1022 says:

I’ve dated Ethiopin men,Somalian men & guys from Kenya that I met when I used to ride taxis alot…Once you get past the body odor, they are very good lovers..

6. enoughAlready911 says:

but I dont understand…..Islam is the religion of peace!
    You mean they SUPPORT terrorism?
    I am shocked.