1 Dead, 2 Arrested In Kandiyohi Co. Shooting

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — An 81-year-old man is in custody after telling police he shot and killed someone in Burbank Township.

Police say they received a call around 7:22 p.m. Saturday from Delbert Huber, who said he was at a residence on the 28000 block of 44th Street Northeast, where he committed a fatal shooting.

When police arrived, they found Huber with the body of a 43-year-old man, who had apparently suffered a gunshot wound.

Huber, 81, was with his 45-year-old son Timothy Huber at the time of the shooting. He told police he went to the residence early Saturday morning, got into a confrontation with the man and shot him.

Huber and his son were arrested at the scene. Huber could face a charge of second-degree murder and his son, Timothy, was arrested for possible charges of liability for crimes of another and aiding an offender.

Family members identified the victim as Timothy Larson.

“Loved spending time outdoors, loved nature, loved hunting,” said Larson’s cousin Joan Mohs.

The family said Larson was a special education teacher at St. Michael-Albertville Middle School West.

“When I think of him, his strong faith, it just exuberates from him, it just comes out, it’s very strong. Whenever our family has had tragedy, he’s always been there with the strong faith supporting our family,” said Larson’s cousin Sandy Lindahl.

Larson’s family said the two families have been acquainted for years.

Both Hubers are from rural Paynesville and are currently being held at the Kandiyohi County Jail. Formal charges will be presented the county attorney on Monday morning.

1. Sarah says:

He’s a sweet guy……..

1. kls says:

Really? A sweet guy who took the life of a father of two small boys and a wonderful wife. Sweet?

2. unreal up north says:

Sounds like a real honey. Bring his son along with him? Witness to the shooting?
    Bet he get’s off light because of his age.
    There are a lot of people in their 80’s that still hunt. He just didn’t have a license.

3. hmm says:

I’m thinking he intentionally made that face just to be difficult.

4. Callie says:

They arrested Popeye????

1. me says:

Unlike you, that is trolling….
      Who is posting pointless comments? I’m guessing you don’t get invited to parties much and don’t understand how ‘chatting’ works.

5. crystalinwi says:

son did the killing? maybe? – old man takes the fall because he’s 81, not 45 – suspicious to say the least . . .

1. DJ says:

my thoughts exactly…look at it. Regardless it is aweful and our prayers to the Larson family.

6. gwheelock says:

Well; now we have the lead for the next slasher/horror movie …

1. Sarah says:

Just one whiny comment from you after another. Guess what, no one cares.

7. No way says:

There is no way that guy did that, No Way at all.

Oh wait, I just saw his picture, Guilty!

8. RIP says:

Thank you.

9. c says:

What the resport also left out was the victim was a devoted husband and father of two young chiildren. I can’t imagine the loss they are feeling.

10. Paul Bostrom says:

“Dis’ mah’ good eye!”

11. Sppoky Sal says:

I bought the same mask for Halloween that he’s wearing!

12. mb says:

I had the honor and priviledge to work with this man in ISD #728. He was a terrific christian man of integrity that cared about the best interest of his students.

I am stunned and in disbelief with this tragedy. My only peace comes from knowing that Tim is home with Jesus…walking streets of gold.

May God continue to hold Tim’s family (wife & children) in the palm of His hand.
    Rest in peace my friend…

13. just sayin says:

It’s POPEYE the sailor man!!!!!!!!!!

14. Angels they are says:

Such a cute couple🙂

15. Wondering up North says:

Wondering why the son came with? Why didn’t he try and stop his Dad from doing this, let alone going with him.
    Sounds loopy to me.

16. Ron says:

Hey “Delbert”…smile!

17. Boberto says:

OMG that’s DR. Evil, ROFL

18. Phil McRackin says:

Hey I am going to use his picture on my Match.com profile, that will get the ladies.

19. k says:

What a bunch of insensitive people. A man lost his life. Grow up!

20. kls says:

Thank you, some people lose sight of the tragedy and the family that no longer has a father and a husband.

21. L says:

Crazy , redneck morons took the life of my son’s favorite teacher, as well as taking a husband and father from his family. Tragic and senseless. I hope they both rot in prison.

22. Chris Ar says:

That sound you hear is America right clicking this image and saving it to their reaction faces folder.

23. Zenobia says:

I am told by my grandson that the victim is the spouse of one of his favorite teachers at Maranatha Christian Academy. Though he taught at another school, so I never met him but I know the family through some of the other students.
    RIP Mr Larsen. Condolences to the Larsen family.

24. tb says:

Where has the America that I know gone? This story tells of two family members that may somehow be involved in the death of another person. The booking photos are nothing short of ridiculous and showing total disrespect (and possible lack of remorse for the situation). How sad it is that the general public who has posted on this story generally are more focused on the photos that have been taken, than on the fact that a man has been murdered.

I had the good fortune to work collaboratively with Tim Larsen in a joint program. There were days that he was the bright spot that kept me going in a very trying job position. His constant comment when asked “How are you?”, was “Blessed.” He was a professional, kind and giving man, who was committed to his students, wife and kids.

Tim’s student’s, colleagues, and family/friends have lost a gem. God has called him home to a serene and peace-filled world. Rest in peace my friend. Until we meet again……

1. wldhorse says:

Thank you TB, Tim was also my friend and made a trip with his cousin out to Montana last year, He was a wonderful God-Fearing Husband and father and great friend, we do know he is with Our Lord and Saviour.. GodSpeed

25. Johnny says:

Rural Paynesville….holy mackerel there are a lot of ignorant dim wits out there. I once took a video camera out in down town just to film those rednecks. A whole lot of dims driving 1970’s gas guzzlers loaded with papers and debris all over the dash board.