Boy Who Came To Minn. For Stem Cell Treatment Dies

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A young boy who came to Minnesota to get help with his rare disease has died.

Last May, WCCO talked with 10-year-old Nick Moore of Oskaloosa, Iowa while he was a patient at University of Minnesota’s Amplatz Children’s Hospital.

He was born with the rare skin disease Epidermolysis Bullosa, or EB, a painful condition where his skin doesn’t stick to his body.

While he was here, Nick underwent a stem cell transplant. It was not considered a cure, but it was done to help ease the pain.

On his CaringBridge website, his mother, Elizabeth Moore, said, “On this journey, he was a trooper, never complained ever … always waiting to get better.”

Comments

1. DARREN says:

Rest in Jesus arm’s now Young Nick. Be at Peace.

2. brittany says:

R.I.P. Nick! you are at peace now! and to the family I pray for you. He is such a cute little boy. Be strong!

3. Murph says:

My heart goes out to the family.Life, it seems is never fair nor predictable.My hope is that each one of us can keep our chins and our spirits up.While times are turning bad for a great many of us,they are not nearly what it is for those whose afflictions are beyond the control of science as we know it.I feel we,as a people will face a great reckoning soon.One that is neither welcome nor particularly satisfying.But,may yet save us and all humans from the fate of the dinosaurs and those other species that continue to follow that same path! God save us from ourselves!

4. Melissa says:

Rest in peace, sweet boy.

5. Pate says:

Rest in peace,Nick.

6. pat says:

No more pain, sweet boy, so sorry for the family.

7. Nancy Aleshire says:

There is no pain or suffering in heaven. I am glad you are with the Lord, Nick. My prayers are with your family.