Peterson Ticketed For Seat Belt Violation

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (WCCO) — Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was hit Monday afternoon — with a seat belt violation.

Peterson was pulled over around 3 p.m. Monday at Prairie Center Drive and Columbine Road, while driving a white Land Rover.

The all-star RB was stopped as part of an enhanced seat belt driving enforcement program, where police were out looking for violators.

The city said they don’t know the exact cost of the ticket, but said there weren’t any problems in the incident.

Peterson discussed the ticketing with his twitter followers saying, “Noodle & Company sounds nice right about now! Unfortunately as of now I’m delayed. I’m to blame!!! Make sure you wear ur seat belt at all time.”

Two minutes later he tweeted, “Especially in Eden Prairie. Some of the officers here have super human vision! They can see through 5 percent tint! Buckle up.”

Peterson later clarified that “5 percent tint” was an exaggeration but that he does have a tint and it didn’t help. He reminded people again to “just buckle up.”

Comments

1. Joe says:

Please buckle up Adrian. Even a minor accident can cause a serious injury. We need to continue to see you play each Sunday since the rest of the team doesn’t show up!

2. Jake says:

Remember when this was first passed and it was only going to be a secondary offense? People should wear seat belts, of course, but it just feels disingenuous.

3. Madmtndean says:

And WHY is this news….must be a REALLY slow news day out there

1. Justin says:

Why do you need to over react like this? Why can’t this be a story? This is a watercooler story and apparently you seem to care since you clicked on it.

People like you need to calm down.

4. Tina says:

Yes, remind me why this is news too!!!!! How ridiculous! Just as a sideline, they say the ticket is $25 but by the time they add all the fees on it becomes a $140 ticket!! Beware of the “seatbelt” police!

1. Ann Arbor says:

I would think one should have an encounter with the “seatbelt” police rather than the “scooping your brains off the road, gonna be a closed casket” police encounter.

5. Angie says:

Actually it is $103 bucks! $25 fine with $78 in fees. My darling husband has received two of them in the last two years. Obviously did not learn the first time. Really it should be up to us if we want to wear a seatbelt or not; but if it is going to be mandatory for me to wear a seatbelt, then it should be mandatory for motorcycle drivers to wear a helmet.

1. Johnny Rain Cloud says:

Excellent Point Angie about the motorcycle helmet! My favorite is when they are riding the bike and the helmet is on the back! I really can’t stand the “Look for Motorcyclist” mission. I only see motorcyclist when they pass me going 100mph on the interstate or weaving through stop and go traffic as fast as possible!

6. Me says:

Well, should I get into an accident with AP, which could happen as an EP resident and employee ( I never leave EP) I will know how bad his driving habits are for the lawsuit.

7. Michele says:

Adrian you should have knowed to put your seatbelt on you have a car. Also you are a million dollar man you can’t afford to get hurt. LOL

8. sometimes1001 says:

WCCO likes to delete comments. I just keep changing user names and they cannot seem to keep me away. A-holes.

9. another rich effer says:

No welfare for zippy.

10. Guy says:

I think everyone should have the choice – either wear the belt/helmet or sign the organ donor box on their license.

Chlorinate the gene pool and benefit society at the same time.

11. James says:

With a pull the plug option?

12. Kevin says:

Was it totally necessary to report this minor detail. If so, then report the violations of everyone who gets a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt!!!!

13. tired of it says:

Well at least the officer wasn’t a chicken like the other one that let him off for speeding!!! That incident about years ago irritated me to no end – believe that was Edina though.

14. johnnycmoun says:

Get a life Police Person – like you weren’t watching for him to drive off without it clicked. Your a loser! Go find a crime happening will ya!!!!!!!

1. Scott Alan says:

The police never prevent crime from happening. They respond to calls after the crime is over. P.S. They are expected to write tickets and not waste the taxpayer’s money.

15. GET THE REAL CROOKS !!! says:

COPS WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO !!!! LOOOOOOSERS !!! VIKES SUCK !!! LEAVE !!!

16. MOTORCYCLIST NEED TO WEAR HELMETS IF YOU HAVE TO WEAR A SEATBELT!! says:

HELMET LAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VIKES SUCK ASSSSSS !! LEAVE !! NO TAX MONEY !!!