3 Facing Charges In Brown Co. Khat Bust

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Three men are facing criminal charges of possessing a drug called khat in Brown County.

Drug agents say it’s the first time possession and delivery of khat has been prosecuted in the county. The three men, one from Minneapolis and two from the Green Bay area, are being held in the Brown County Jail on $10,000 each.

A county drug task force supervisor, John Laux, says khat has been seen in Minneapolis and other cities with larger populations of Somalis. It has been illegal in the U.S. since 1993, but is still legal is many countries worldwide. Laux tells the Green Bay Press-Gazette all defendants are believed to be originally from Somalia.

Comments

1. Kevin says:

Shouldnt these fine Somali men be down at the Federal Court House with the others that are supporting the two Somalians accused of Terrorism? More Somali’s please!

1. diversity rocks says:

Now now Kevin, we should be glad of the benefits brought by diversity: terrorism, crime, and new drugs. Isn’t it great?

1. Whitey Fjord says:

Just remember everyone, it’s a religion of peace. We can’t let a few million bad apples ruin it for the rest of them.

1. Ya. You Betcha Ya says:

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Or were you making a funny? lol

2. Whitey Fjord says:

Sorry. That was really a stupid comment. Truth be told, I know next to nothing about Islam. I just blurt out stuff like this because the guys at the bar think it’s funny and buy me beer.

2. Khat Stevens says:

Legalize NOW! I want my khat and I want it NOW!

3. Kevin says:

kevin is a moho

4. Why not ???? says:

Thought all you folks were content with just your booze and friendly MD’s and the Rx’s they hand you ???????
    What changed ?????? Khat and pot too ????
    Aaaah hell – why not at that

5. Native Joe says:

Love the smell of racism the moment a non-white is in the news. The MN Passive-Aggressive (oops… I mean “MN Nice”) can always be counted to show through.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not on these a55hats side that committed the crime – all I’m saying is that I don’t generally see the “fine Norwegian/Swedish/German immigrant” slams when a Johanssen or a Pulowski or a Brach is arrested

1. Yep says:

Me neither there Joe ….. kinda funny the manner in which hypocrisy prevails.

2. addin says:

We just don’t want somali’s… send them back. We never asked for them..

1. Yeah!!! says:

And them smelly Germans too. Send them back while yer at it.

2. Native Joe says:

WE?? Are you a member of a Native Tribe? If not, you don’t get to play holier than thou since you and your ancestors are also immigrants to this Country.

Stop trolling for responses Addin. Say something concrete or don’t say anything at all.

1. Seymoure Butts says:

High how are ya, high how are ya, how high are ya? Sad you lost the war & you didn’t even know it was one. Want a blanket?

1. addin says:

OMG! Too funny!

Yeah native joe… quit complaining about what was once you’re land. I and the existing population of the GLOBE didn’t have NOTHING to do with it.

Start paying taxes. By the way, I don’t contribute to your casinos.

We, as in, oh probably 75% of Minnesota, or 80% of the U.S.

There ya go.

2. lily says:

thanks mr. native joe any one who is not pure native tripe shut your mouth n go back to your origen country …… i am somali.

6. Fritz says:

Is this Brown County WISCONSIN????

Danm, I thought it was Brown County MINNESOTA – like in New Ulm area. Why is WCCO giving a Wisconsin County so much ink and why doesn’t it identify the county as being in Wisconsin in the title?

I know you are the “good neighbor” but shouldn’t you take care of your own house before you become a good “neighbor”??

7. Esay answer says:

Cuz by end of day this weekend after the Packers have totally beheaded the local Purple Pimps we have to have something we can negatively SAY ABOUT THEM. WE GOT MORE DRUNK PRESS AND CRIME THAN THEM TOO SO ….. ‘CCO went fishin