Marijuana Found In Wis. Worth $7.4 Million

RACINE, Wis. (AP) — Authorities say nearly a ton of marijuana with a street value of more than $7 million has been discovered in a pole barn in Racine County.

A dump truck was needed to haul away the marijuana, found in the attic of a barn near Raymond Monday. Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling says the elaborate growing operation had a specialized furnace system to heat and cool the marijuana.

Officials say an anonymous tip to Greenfield police led deputies to the Racine County property. Authorities tell WTMJ-TV the 44-year-old suspect was armed when he was arrested. Schmaling says the bust, which netted 1,800 pound of marijuana, is the largest of its kind in Racine County.

Comments

1. George says:

Good sell it and tax it

1. EO says:

7 million if you sell it in small bags maybe. If you pay Cali wholesale pricing for the very best bud its only $3.600,000 worth. So if we taxed the wholesale grower on 3.5 mil and then tax it at a retail level with the value at 7-8 million how much money would this one mans operation have earned our beloved Goverment? With the profit margins on pot the gov could use a 50% tax rate and everyone involved should still make plenty of money. Now Multiply that by the 10′s of 1000′s of opperations of this size it would take to grow enough weed for all the pot smokers in our country and tell me that would not lower taxes for all. Add a higher Tobacco and Alcohol Tax and not only could we pay less taxes but we could live in a country with free health care. Not to mention that it would put a dramatic change to the cartel violence in Mexico.
      On another note, why does the us government say its ok to go to a casino and play all these games that are rigged in the casino’s favor but I cant play online poker? In poker I pay the house a set percentage to play against other people who have no better chance than beating me than I do them. There are billions and billions of dollars our government is leaving on the tables. Not to mention the money the MN gov is missing by only allowing Indian Casinos. PA made 1.5 billion (55% tax on casino revenue) off 10 casino’s last year and MN made 150 mil off the lottery and horse tracks, the casino’s are not taxed…yes 0 percent of that money you dump in slots or on black jack goes to the state of MN. I dont understand why the government doesnt take advantage of these huge revenue sources, especially when this country is in such a time of need.

2. Huh ? says:

I thought Wisconsin was pro-business under Wacky Walker ?

3. Agreeing up North says:

Amen George.

4. funpack says:

Legalize IT! the War on drugs is a big Waste of Money

5. NJ Tom says:

Bet the cops are patting each other on the back at the local Dunkin Donuts

1. Yup says:

They should be – I’ll buy them a Dunn Bros if they want one too. 😉

6. Sue Velure says:

My god, i’m in the wrong business

1. Fun says:

my thoughts too
      lots of cash – scam the tax man – get a few kids and “adults” high – mess up a few minds – and feel good (lol) about doing it.
      Hmmmm – on second thought give him life w/o parole

1. Bob says:

Easy there Hitler….you have done far worse by getting drunk and beating your wife and kids….

1. cool Bobby says:

Robert’s got a quick hand.He’s looking ’round the room, he won’t tell you his plan.He’s got a rolled cigarette, hanging out his mouth he’s a cowboy kid.Yeah, he found a six shooter gun.In his dad’s closet with a box of fun things, I don’t even know what.But he’s coming for you, yeah, he’s coming for you.
          [Chorus x2:]All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you’d better run, better run, outrun my gun.All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you’d better run, better run, faster than my bullet.

7. Russ says:

Bet those idiots are just gonna burn that seven mill. Dumber than red bricks. Wheres the smokestack?

8. funpack says:

Do your research Ppl, find out how much the war on drugs is costing us! Its a waste of Time, ppl are going to get it weather its legal or not. Go after the drug companies they are the real drug dealers, trust me the stuff they are pushing is much more harmful than a little pot. have u ever heard of anyone overdosing on Pot, no i dont think so. have u ever heard of an overdose of Pill, yes all the time. Think about it!

1. Deep Thinker says:

You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is a stupid one…

1. Jim says:

funpack is right.

1. Rockfish says:

Funpack and Jim are both right.

9. james2 says:

This could be revenue for the state, create jobs, etc. When will we re-legalize Hemp? Paper, Cloth, Rope, Cooking Oil, jobs, jobs, jobs, exports. It was encouraged by our Founding Fathers. The drug war has already been lost.

10. The Trend says:

The pot laws are really just a big government jobs program for the prison industry and their unions. Of course the liquor lobby isn’t about to let any government agency refer to their product as a drug. The policies we have now are the real “reefer madness”

11. Billoweenie says:

Alcohol is more of a drug than pot. Pot grows straight out of the ground and no processing is required at all to use it. People are so dumb about marijuana.

12. TL the alligator says:

Yo Fun….i submit that this country makes people who think like you be removed to live out your pathetic ignorant life in central Montana—-far removed from sensible logical Americans like the majority of other posters here.

1. funpack says:

Omg, are u stupid! willing to bet your doctor smokes, your lawyer smokes, your post man smokes, its everywhere open your eyes.

13. dumb libs - move to Greece huh says:

yeah —- want my dope to smoke and my pills to pop and my booze to suck it down with.
    gettin’ all fricked up is sweet. kinda like the country – all fricked up by the libs and anything goes mentality. like the majority of the unemployed libs posting here.
    you schmucks ever try being straight? naaaa – means ya got to deal with things. fire up another joint and sit back and watch yer cartoons there you wasted wusses

1. jackactionhero says:

If you don’t want to smoke, drink or pop pills, then don’t. But by what authority do you say other human beings can’t do what they want with their own lives?

14. DOPE and dopes says:

Tip toe thru the tulips with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Indeed – pot, the drug of the real inspirational people, the leaders.

I agree – go hop on the Euro socialist train. Legalize anything …… may your dillusional thoughts and mind bring you peace and happiness. Fret not – the rest of us shall pay your bills

1. jackactionhero says:

if you don’t know anything about the effects of marijuana, why do you bother commenting?

15. See BS says:

Marijuana turns people into lazy communists, and it’s a gateway drug.

1. T. Chong says:

Is that what happened to you?

1. Cheech says:

gaaaaaaawwwwd damkit dude !

2. funpack says:

Really? Gateway Drug? Lazy? I am a productive citizen who pays my own bills, smoked my whole adult life and have never tried another drug so i dont agree that its a gateway drug. You shouldnt judge if you dont know what your talkiing about!

1. all pumped up I am says:

3. The Trend says:

Alcohol is the gateway drug and it’s harder for underage kids to get than pot. Seems to me like the dealers who thrive because of prohibition are capitalists.

16. MrB says:

Another jobs killer!

17. k says:

frigggggggggggggggggggennnnnnnn cccccooooooooooolz dudes

18. #1 Baker says:

Gonna need a Semi load of Cheetos for that stash!

19. EO says:

7 million if you sell it in small bags maybe. If you pay Cali wholesale pricing for the very best bud its only $3.600,000 worth. So if we taxed the wholesale grower on 3.5 mil and then tax it at a retail level with the value at 7-8 million how much money would this one mans operation have earned our beloved Goverment? With the profit margins on pot the gov could use a 50% tax rate and everyone involved should still make plenty of money. Now Multiply that by the 10’s of 1000’s of opperations of this size it would take to grow enough weed for all the pot smokers in our country and tell me that would not lower taxes for all. Add a higher Tobacco and Alcohol Tax and not only could we pay less taxes but we could live in a country with free health care. Not to mention that it would put a dramatic change to the cartel violence in Mexico.

1. The Trend says:

Too many entrenched interests in the status quo- but spot on.. Well said.

20. Tim says:

Tip toe thru the tulips with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

21. Jerry thinks says:

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
    And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
    Would you hear my voice come thru the music,
    Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It’s a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken,
    Perhaps they’re better left unsung.
    I don’t know, don’t really care
    Let there be songs to fill the air.

22. John disagrees says:

Roll up, roll up for the Magical Mystery Tour, step right this way..
    Roll up, roll up for the Mystery Tour.
    Roll up, roll up for the Mystery Tour

Roll up and that’s an invitation
    Roll up for the Mystery Tour
    Roll up to make a reservation
    Roll up for the Mystery Tour
    The Magical Mystery Tour is waiting to take you away
    Waiting to take you away.

Roll up, roll up for the Mystery