Becker Man Critical After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Get Breaking News First
BECKER, Minn. (WCCO) – A 20-year-old Becker man is in critical condition Wednesday afternoon after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said.
The Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a medical emergency at about 4:20 a.m. Wednesday on the 13000 block of 91st Street in Becker. When authorities arrived, they found a man identified as Dylan Olson unconscious and laying on the ground.
Authorities said Olson had been dragged out of a detached garage at the residence by his aunt, a woman from Arizona, after she found him laying on the garage floor. He had apparently been working on a vehicle inside the garage overnight and was using a space heater that was attached to a propane tank to heat the garage.
Olson remains in serious condition at Hennepin County Medical Center. The Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by Becker Police, the Becker Fire Department and New River Ambulance.