Organizers Planning ‘Occupy St. Paul’

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Organizers are planning to bring the anti-Wall Street movement to St. Paul.

The city so far has been left out of Occupy Wall Street demonstrations against financial institutions that many within the movement blame for high unemployment and the foreclosure crisis.

Protesters began camping out in front of the Hennepin County Government Center in Minneapolis early last month. Demonstrations or encampments have also sprouted in Duluth, Fergus Falls, Mankato. Rochester and other Minnesota communities.

St. Paul organizer Carol Thielen tells the Pioneer Press group members have talked to security officials at the state Capitol. The group is planning an assembly meeting Sunday in Roseville.

Comments

1. Kevin says:

What a comedy…..a bunch of spoon fed teet suckers looking for ways to protest….about being well to do…..

2. just sayin says:

Please just give it up you losers.

I hope it snows like a b&tch… let them freeze. I wouldn’t give them a dam* thing.

3. FedUpWithOccupy says:

These “people” are pigs. You should see the mess that they’ve left at the government center plaza in downtown Mpls, not to mention the slugs camped out there. What is usually a very pretty area to walk through looks like a garbage dump. I’d like to know who is going to end up having to pay to have your mess cleaned up? Most likely the taxpayers. It’s time for you “people” to just suck it up and go home….better yet, why not get a job and become a contributing member of society like the rest of us?

4. BeConsistent says:

Please protest against players who make mega-millions, reality stars who sell every story about themselves to the media, as well as against Wall Street. I get just as mad about Wall Street CEOs making mega-millions but if every reality star, movie star, sports player, etc. started a company, made less and donated more, then society would be a better place. Be consistent and protest against every person who sells their soul for money.

1. sam says:

Totally. It ticks me off that our laws aren’t centered around a level playing field, but rather on the idea that the rich deserve to be allowed to get richer by exploiting others.

@FedUpWithOccupy
      Interesting that you don’t think of those with whom you disagree as people. And I’ve scanned numerous aerial/overhead shots of the site, and the worst I’ve seen is a bit of litter around a trashcan here and there. Now, I have no doubts that those within the movement are going to present the best pictures they can, but when the opposition’s pictures show that the area is just as clean, I have to presume that there simply isn’t all that much trash.
      Therefore, I have to presume that you’re making stuff up for the sole purpose of making the movement look bad in others’ heads, because you have no sound logical argument against what they are doing.

1. JMJ says:

What aerial shots are you talking about? The ones on google and map quest are a couple of years old.

1. Sam says:

There was an OccupyMN movement a couple of years ago? Because I’m looking at pictures of the OccupyMN movement shot from buildings and/or helicopters, and the area looks clean.

1. Betty says:

Thats becvause the dirtbags were already hauled off to jail by the time the photos were taken. these people are just looking for any reason to scream out. Get a job and quit blaming everyone else for your pathetic life.

2. FedUpWithOccupy says:

Really? Have you walked through there recently? I just walked through there this morning so no, I am not making it up “for the sole purpose of making the movement look bad”, they’re doing that on their own. Guess you know what you can do with your overhead shots, Sam!!!! Whatever……..

5. JMJ says:

Who wants to protest the protesters???!!!!!

1. Jake says:

I DO. Bring on the water cannons, the dogs, even the police horses. If I have to, maybe I’ll show up with nothing more than my BARE HANDS, and I know how to do damage with my bare hands, and I’m not all that big or all that young, but I do have some experience…..

6. Jake says:

So….will this be a REPLAY of the ’08 RNC RIOTS, or something different??