Suspect Uses GPS To Burglarize Chaska Home

CHASKA, Minn. (WCCO) – Chaska Police are looking for a suspect after they say a GPS was used to guide them to a home that was eventually burglarized.

Police Chief Scott Knight said the incident happened recently after a football game. The victim had their car broken into and among the items stolen were a garage door opener, money and a GPS that had been mounted to the vehicle’s windshield.

When the victims got home that night, they found that their home had been ransacked and several items of worth had been stolen. Authorities said the suspect used the GPS to be guided to the house and that the suspect knew the victims were at the football game, so they knew how much time they had to steal items from the house.

Knight said it’s a good reminder for people who use GPS in their car to not have their home address in it. Rather, use a nearby store or gas station so you can find your way home if needed.

Comments

1. Joe says:

They would find my 83-year-old mother on the couch with a shotgun in her lap. She always says, “I have a permit, and I’m going to use it.”

1. g8bbgg says:

Gotta love Granny…..

2. @Joey says:

Liar..They’d find YOU shaking & crying clutching your purse and wetting yourself with fear.

2. KegHead says:

Looks like the St. Louis drug store cowboys have hit town.

3. Gps history says:

Turning your mini laptop into a GPS device can be easy. But do you really need GPS? Here are some of the reasons why you should use your netbook computer as a GPS …I was Lost – But Not Now Thanks to GPS data. I was Lost – But Not Now

4. Garmin gps yosemite says:

Most popular GPS units come equipped with touch screen displays. To protect their displays against finger marks, scratches and dust, one needs to clean them on a…I Once Was Lost But Now Am Found !

5. garmin nuvi 1300 says:

I simply could not depart your web site before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard info an individual provide for your guests? Is going to be again often in order to inspect new posts