Blaine Student Gets Perfect Score On ACT

BLAINE, Minn. (WCCO) — A senior at Blaine High School has something to celebrate today. He got a near-perfect score on his college entrance exams.

Tobey Thomas said he got a perfect 36 out of 36 on his ACT and he didn’t do too bad on his SAT either — he scored 2360 out of 2400.

And that’s a good thing because he’s going to need those smarts for what he wants to do when he grows up.

“I’d like to be a neurosurgeon, if at all possible,” he said. “I mean, I’m kinda of clumsy and I’d have to get that out of me. I think that would be a great job, my dream job.”

Thomas said he got those scores without spending a lot of time studying.

He said he hasn’t decided on a college yet, but is looking at schools on the East Coast and a few in Illinois.

Comments

1. Kevin says:

He looks Minnesotan….

2. sabrina says:

Good for you, Tobey! I’m sure you’ll be Kevin’s boss one day and then you can fire him.

3. Bill Clintons Cigar says:

E……E…….EDL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets get all Cain / Clinton…….Sabrina…..lets get all white on each other…..

4. Billy Bob Has A Gun says:

Say….he does look like a real Minnesota kid…..and no EBT involved……what ever happend to whites?

5. John Gettler says:

So was it a “perfect score” or a “near-perfect score?” What about 36 out of 36 is near-perfect?

6. Avid Reader says:

Oh John, read the article! The “near” perfect score was not on just the one test – it was his college entrance examS. He scored only 2360 out of 2400 on the SAT.

7. Jess says:

I know Tobey. His family does not use EBT. This has nothing to do with color, Tobey worked hard and deserves recognition.

8. Office Onenote 2007 Key says:

You are actually a just right webmaster. The site loading velocity is incredible. It kind of feels that you’re doing any unique trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a magnificent activity in this matter!