Elderly Woman In Wheelchair Robbed At Gunpoint

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minneapolis Police said a 70-year-old woman in a wheelchair was robbed at gunpoint on Halloween.

Police said it happened around 11 p.m. on Oct. 31 at 16th Ave. North & Oliver Ave. North.

Officers said the woman, along with her 34-year-old caretaker, went to Cub Foods to get a money order for her rent.

On their way there, two men wearing masks over their face approached them. One of the men pushed the caretaker while another went through the 70-year-old woman’s pockets. He had a gun and took the $550 in cash she had on her to purchase the money order.

Police said the suspects left on foot and haven’t been apprehended.

The women were shook up and could only describe the men as wearing masks over their face and that the gun was black and had a long tip.

Neither woman was injured.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Nancy Aleshire says:

    I hope they find those heaps of trash and lock them away for a long time.

  2. red says:

    How pathetic are these losers?

  3. Sue says:

    I wish somebody would have shot them dead!

  4. Friends? says:

    Hmmm, Could it be friends of the caretaker?

    1. Fred says:

      Thats what i was thinking, otherwise how would they know to rob her. Elderly people arent really known for walking around with big bucks.

    2. Amy Malloy Whitcomb says:

      I was wondering that myself! It sounds really fishy.

  5. Sam I am says:

    Can we just nuke North Minneapolis. Seriously what a complete waste of space and air.

    1. addin says:

      Yes, please put HAHA and that Just Sayin / Kevin imposter in there as well. World would be a better place.

      1. one more says:

        Don’t forget Realist.

  6. rex says:

    11 pm Halloween night!? Real fishy sounding

  7. j speedbag 64 says:

    freakin hyena’s

  8. Mr. Always Right says:

    these guys sound like the lowest of the low, but criminals like the path of least resistance so I can see why they would target her…but yeah something is fishy here, perhaps the caretaker got a cut of that $550 bucks

  9. Northsider says:

    A lot of good people live in North Minneapolis. How about we nuke where you live…idiot

    1. Matt says:

      haven’t you heard of guilt by association…

  10. SasyKitty says:

    …so what is wrong with our country.. what are the people protesting about… the 1% of good floks in N.MPLS who get robbed by the other 99%? How much money would we all have if crime that costs us all money went away, shoplifting, credit card theft, other frauds. $10.000 a year. Wall street is not the bad guys, the robbers, burgelers and swipers are the problem.

  11. Kevin says:

    Oh…no! Really? Say it aint so!

    1. kevinisstupid says:

      kevin has been let out for recess.

  12. Taylor J says:

    This story sounds fishy… I thought cub foods close down their customer service desk at 10pm and not 11pm.. meaning that you can not buy money orders until the next business day. It could also be a way of saying, I have no money to pay rent, let’s say we got robbed and we can’t describe or identify the guys/ladies invovled, but get the police involved and hopefully the landlord will give them some slacks. BUT If it is true…. i feel bad for them

    Just saying….

    1. teabaghater says:

      sherlock ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  13. Randall says:

    sounds like we need another good Samaritan or cub foods needs to get armed guards at their stores

  14. Rockfish says:

    No one saw them? Sounds fishy.

  15. robbed by the top 1% says:

    Those two fugitives robbed too many people.

  16. Murph says:

    It’s time to put machine gun turrets on wheelchairs and produce shotgun crutches for the diabled too! Let’s even the playing field a bit!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Trees Of Hope
Good Question

Listen Live