The Good Life For Less: Deals Serve As Salute To Vets
Today's Most Popular Video
As a big thanks for being American heroes, all vets and active military members can pick up some freebies and deals on Veterans Day (11/11).
Here’s a list of some of the standouts:
There are lots of places vets can go to get free food. Note that you must show a valid military/veteran ID and all deals take place on Nov. 11, 2011 only, unless stated otherwise.
• 5-8 Club – Get a free Juicy Lucy at the 5-8 Clubs in Champlin, Maplewood, and Minneapolis.
• Applebee’s – Vets get a free meal of their choice.
• Chili’s – Get a choice of one of 6 meals for free (11 a.m.- 5p.m).
• Hooters – Get 10 Free Wings at the Bloomington or Burnsville locations.
• McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants – Vets get a complimentary lunch or dinner entrée (Sunday Nov. 13).
• Outback Steakhouse – Free Bloomin’ Onions and Coca-Cola product (now through Nov. 11).
• Subway – Pick up a free six-inch sub, but Subway recommends you call ahead to confirm they are giving the deal away at your location.
• Texas Roadhouse – Free lunch 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• T.G.I. Friday’s – Buy one entrée get one free (Nov. 11-14).
Other Free Stuff, Services
• U.S. military vets in need of mobility assistance can pick up a free cane through Nov. 11. Various Sam’s Club locations will be distributing 36,000 Hugo canes. Click here for locations.
• There are numerous companies in Minnesota helping bring a little sparkle to a vet’s car by giving away free car washes. Click here to go to the Grace for Veterans and find one near you.
• Free admission to the Minnesota History Center (Nov. 11-13) by clicking here.
• Free entrance into National Parks (Nov. 11-13). Learn more by clicking here.
• Download a free “Veterans Day Honor” MP3 album from Amazon.com. It includes 12 songs performed by military bands.
Here are some links to help you find other free events and giveaways for vets:
And to all the military members out there, thanks for your service!
Know of any other deals, share them with other ‘Good Lifers’ in the comment section. You can also read more money-saving blog posts here and text WCCODEALS to 84816 for a ‘deals of the week’ reminder.