Tix For Target Field’s 1st Concert Top Out At Nearly $300

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Ticket prices for the first-ever Target Field concert — starring Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw — will start at about $40 and go all the way up to nearly $300.

Chesney and McGraw will bring their “Brothers of the Sun” Tour to Target Field on Sunday, July 8, 2012 to kick off the venue’s first concert.

The duo kicks off their reunion tour of sorts in June and will hit 18 cities in total on the road.

The “Brothers of the Sun” tour also features special guests Grace Potter & the Nocturnal, as well as Jake Owen.

For more information, click here.

Comments

1. Debby says:

Yep…WAS going to go until I went to the website and saw the prices…sheesh. PLUS you have to add processing fees on too!! Too bad the real fans cannot afford these WAY too high prices!! Unfortunate way to start a concert series at the ballpark!!!

2. This is one of those "other uses for a stadium." says:

Ahhh, the perfect price point for the typical Minnesota family of four. So, let’s see … tickets on the field $680, parking $25, hot dogs and soda $110, program $15 … ah, that comes to … ahhhh … whoops … more than I can afford! Sorry, family, we can’t go.

But don’t worry, we can go over to ZygiWorld in Arden Hills, park our car in the ZygiLot, watch ZygiBall, play on the ZygiSlide, stay in the ZygiTel, eat at the ZygiGrill and have just a ZygiFull time for … ut oh … sorry family, we can’t afford that one either.

But the good news is now I understand why using our money for a new stadium doesn’t make any sense at all.

3. G Dog says:

Why are they letting millionaire rednecks use our stadium to make money???

4. Mike says:

My god you people are a bunch of whiny little babies.

Shall we have a pity party for you today or when it’s most convenient for YOU??

1. Met says:

Thank you, Mike!!!

1. Deep Thinker says:

Poor Mike & Met, they just can’t stand it when other people have opinions, now grow up & play nice with the other 2 year olds

5. Kevin says:

This is the true face of “class” warfare! I cannot afford a $300 ticket! Only rich banker and wall street types can fork out $300 a ticket! I hope the Occupy MN clan have already started to march to the field…..at least their are showers there…..

6. Po' Workin' Stiff says:

Ain’t this a subsidized event? Cain’t I gets me a subsidized ticket fer this? All the other cultchural events give a subsidy to the po’, cain’t I get one too?

1. Cindy says:

I want some of my taxes back that I fork out to the palace in Mpls. Prices like this will pay for their big old stadium, why do the average people need to pay for this sh@@ when we cannot even afford to attend an event that takes place there? Give me a break and I love the zigyworld ref above, that IS so true!

7. Master wedding planning,professional wedding planning,wedding planning,wedding planning guide,wedding planning tips says:

Hello my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all vital infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .