Filed underSeen On WCCO-TV
Deviled Eggs including bacon, arugula, garlic aioli
12 eggs, hard boiled
½ cup mayo
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ teaspoons granulated garlic
1 tablespoons crispy julienned bacon
¼ tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon pickled relish
½ oz shaved green onions
1 tablespoon of aoili
• First cut the hard boiled eggs in half length wise and carefully remove the yolks and set aside. Carefully wash the egg whites and in a parchment paper lined hotel pan place the eggs next to each other.
• In a mixing bowl place the egg yolks and mayo and use a whisk to mix the ingredients together until the egg yolks are fully broken down and no chunks remain.
• Next add the rest of the ingredients including Dijon mustard, mustard powder, curry powder, kosher salt, pepper, lemon juice and garlic, and mix to combine well.
• Pipe ½ oz of deviled egg fill into each half of egg
• Place one third of the pickle relish on top of each egg
• Place one third of the crispy bacon on top of the pickle relish.
• Serve with onions, aioli and sprinkle paprika over the entire dish for presentation
Aioli dipping sauce:
Mix 4 cups of mayonnaise, 8 teaspoons of granulated garlic and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice well until all ingredients are combined
Tuna Poke including tuna, soy, green onions, ginger, wasabi, wonton crackers
Recipe includes Tuna Poke vinaigrette as well as wasabi aioli
Tuna Poke vinaigrette
1 ½ cups of sesame oil
1 ½ cups of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of fresh minced ginger
3 tablespoons of chipotles
¼ cup of lime juice
2 oz of minced shallots
Mix together all the ingredients except the sesame oil. Once the ingredients are blended well use a fine wire whisk to whisk in the sesame oil.
4 cups of mayonnaise
3 tablespoons of garlic puree
¼ cup wasabi powder
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
¼ cup wine rice vinegar
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon salt and peppter
Mix water and wasabi powder together to create a paste. In a large mixing bowl, mix the paste and all ingredients together until well combined.
Mix ¼ cubes of tuna and the poke vinaigrette well and make sure all the tuna is coated.
Pile dressed tuna in a mound and serve with fried wontons, wasabi aioli and shaved green onions.