WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-green01, ww color green

Local

It’s Time To Check Your Carbon Monoxide Detector

View Comments
(credit: Jupiter Images)

(credit: Jupiter Images)

CBS Minnesota (con't)

Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSMinnesota.com/ACA

Health News & Information: CBSMinnesota.com/Health

Today's Most Popular Video
  1. 4 Things To Know From 09/01
  2. Patty Wetterling Asks Son's Abductor 5 Questions
  3. Vacuum Salesman Eats Pasta From Subway Floor
  4. Bar Abilene In Uptown Closes
  5. Viral Vid Of The Day: Stuffed Dog Scares Real Dogs

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Minneapolis Fire officials said Friday it’s time to check your carbon monoxide detectors in your home as we head into winter.

The Minneapolis Fire Department said it has responded to 19 calls of carbon monoxide after failed alarms over the past two months. That number is actually down from 42 calls over this same time last year, but fire officials said many of the incidents are preventable.

The recent carbon monoxide calls were for a variety of reasons. One was where a fire was burning in a fireplace and the flue was closed. In other, power equipment was being operated in a basement without proper ventilation.

Other incidents have been caused by faulty furnaces, a faulty pilot light or an improper gas hook up to a stove.

Minnesota law requires that carbon monoxide detectors be in every home and be within 10 feet of every bedroom in the house.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,823 other followers