Lunar Eclipse On Saturday
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — We’ll have an almost total lunar eclipse on this coming Saturday morning in the western sky.
At 6:45 a.m., about an hour before it sets, the moon will enter the Earth’s shadow and begin to darken from on its upper left limb.
Just before the moon completely darkens though it’ll hit the west-northwest horizon at 7:40 a.m. and that will end our view of the total lunar eclipse for December of 2011.
We’ll miss the best part, totality, when the moon turns a brick red.
Unfortunately our next total lunar eclipse in the Twin Cities won’t be until 2014.