Woman Accuses Ticket Seller Of Costing Group $12K

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — VIP tickets, backstage passes and a chance to meet a famous singer, all for a bargain price.

Jacqui Marano says a ticket seller made her offers she couldn’t refuse for Bret Michaels and WeFest tickets.

But she says none of what he sold her was real, and now she’s out thousands of dollars.

“Everybody in the group was supposed to get VIP passes, backstage passes, and drinks with Bret Michaels on his bus. That’s what all of us were told and not one of us got them,” said Marano.

In all, 16 people in all were left in the dark. Marano says she believes he made fake backstage passes using the name of a production company and substituting a fake phone number.

Because Marano knew him, she trusted him. Now she may be out more than $12,000.

Because he has not been charged in this case, WCCO is not identifying his name, but the alleged ticket salesman has a history of theft dating back to the mid-’90s. He is currently being investigated in both Chisago and Isanti counties.

“He has not intended to pay anybody back anything,” said Julie Vaagenes, who says the man actually stole her identity and, for an encore, charged $16,000 to her credit card. “He will do anything for anybody, but it’s with other people’s money. He buys your trust.”

The alleged ticket seller did not return WCCO’s e-mails or calls.

After the incident, Bret Michaels band changed the policy to sell VIP passes during the day of their concert.

Police say it’s best to buy tickets through an actual ticket company to avoid situations like this, which they say are surprisingly common.

More from John Lauritsen
Comments

1. red says:

I don’t feel for her at all? She was the idiot who did not check him out first. Who the heck would want to meet Bret Michaels anyway? HE BLOWS

2. Grow up ppl w nothin to do says:

REALLY BOY I GUESS THE PPL W THE RUDE COMMENTS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO…GO GET A JOB OR SOMETHING…PPL WORK HARD FOR THEIR MONEY AND THESE PPL DID KNOW HIM FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND FACEBOOK BROUGHT THEM BACK TOGETHER AGAIN. SORRY THESE LADIES HAVE A HEART AND DONT WANT OTHERS TO BE RIPPED OFF. U KNOW WHATS DUMB AND DUMBER UR COMMENTS GROW UP…I BOUGHT WEFEST TICKETS ALSO AND WAS RIPPED OFF AND SAT IN DETROIT LAKES FOR DAYS WHILE THIS GUY KEPT IN CONTACT W US AND EVERYTHING PROMISING WE WERE GETTING IN…COSTED ME AROUND 700.00 DOLLARS…NOT A JOKE

3. before judge please get whole story! says:

People have no idea about the whole story! There are many just like her that have suffered from this man. Before you judge maybe get the whole story! He has changed so many lives and not for the good.

4. ryan says:

Julie is a babe! Id cover her bills and take her to any event she wanted to go to! If she needs a husband, she has options lol

1. Yep says:

Oh hell ya – I’ll take her in anytime.
      smoking sexy and hot

2. J. Senser says:

I’ll give her what she needs ….. just ask dear, just ask
      especially since I may be alone soon … just ask

5. Have some compassion says:

You can not tell me that their has not been that certain someone who has had your trust and has not taken advantage of you. It does not take much to steel someones idenity. Can even be done at the gas pump these days. Have some sympathy for some people!! It can and may happen to you too!

6. Just looking out for others says:

It may be dumb to you but you have to look at the 50 people so far who have been affected by ths. They just wanted to get it out so know one else was took by this guy! Maybe a Thank you would be in order!

1. Tom says:

so now it’s 50 ????? wow – guess the area has more Dumbers than I would have guessed.
      Wanna buy some organic oil options? I just happen to have …..

7. and another Amy strike says:

where oh where is Amy Senser when they need her?
    She’ll take care of him for ya ….. just need some Mikes Hard lemonade and splaaaaat

8. cRAIG says:

TICKET BROKERS ARE WORSE THAN HITLER !!!

9. Mona says:

I know both parties involved and I wouldnt say that the victims are stupid. I would call them people that trusted someone because they knew them. The victim works hard for their money and if and when they catch the person I truly hope that the victims get their money back or at least some of it. I truly believe that if you know somebody that you should be able to trust them but evidently you can trust no one. I feel for the victims and hope that justice prevails

10. Ashlee says:

This man’s name is David Lawrence Jensen, Jr and I was also taken by him. He is well rehearsed and very professional. We met him through Julie and he seemed like a stand up guy. You are high on yourself if you think he wouldn’t have been able to con you. The point of this was to make people aware; please don’t insult the people who put this on the news in hope of helping people.

11. Another Victim says:

He owes me, my family and my friends more than $60k for a multitude of things, before he ever started this ticket selling stuff. If anyone knows who hes with now – WARN THEM!