Atheists Counter Nativity Scene In Wis. Capitol
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — An atheists’ group has countered a nativity scene in the state Capitol with one depicting Charles Darwin and Albert Einstein.
The Freedom From Religion Foundation installed its display Wednesday. It comes a few days after the conservative group Wisconsin Family Action put up a display depicting the birth of Jesus Christ.
Both groups have been granted permits by the state Department of Administration.
Annie Laurie Gaylor is president of the atheists’ group. She says there shouldn’t be any religious displays in the rotunda, but if other displays are allowed then her group will have one too.
Julaine Appling of Wisconsin Family Action says there’s room for a number of different voices. She says she hopes people come to the Capitol to enjoy the expression of Christmas messages on display there.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)