Man Sentenced For Killing Ex’s Snake, Writing Blood Note

STILLWATER (WCCO) — A Stillwater man will spend time behind bars for breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s home, killing her pet snake and using its blood to leave her a note.

Jonathan Utecht, 22, was sentenced to 10 months in jail on a second-degree burglary charge in connection to the incident.

According to the criminal complaint, on July 13, 2011, police found Utecht outside his girlfriend’s apartment with blood on his hands. Once inside, officers saw the woman’s pet snake had been stabbed.

Next to the animal were the words “I loved you,” which, according to the complaint, were written in the animal’s blood.

Utecht told police he used a stolen key to gain access to her apartment. He also damaged and stole items inside the apartment.

As part of his plea deal, Utecht has to undergo a psychological evaluation and can have no contact with the woman.

Comments

1. jimmyp says:

Model citizen ?!?!?!?!?!?!? AND recent charm school graduate.

2. NotKevin says:

Ain’t diversity grand?

1. Kevin says:

Indeed Diversity is grand cl*t boy…..do you like all men…or just me ???

1. NotKevin says:

Naw. I’ve seen yours. Not interested.

1. Aashish says:

Jan Petters (Mom) December 6, 2011 Unfortunately the sqiurrel post has been taken off by the NFL. So I missed seeing it boo! This reminds me when years ago I and friends were at the Indy 500 (Memorial Day weekend when it should have been fairly warm). It was soooo cold that the race car tires were havng trouble. What should have been a couple hours turned into hours and hours. We weren’t prepared for the cold and had only lightweight clothes guess we didn’t look at the forecast! Miserable day!!!

3. Kevin says:

This guy is my hero….except he killed the snake….should have reversed it…..

1. Grasiele says:

You rock so hard it hurts. But I must point out, that Vag has curly brown hair. Girl, we all know we ain’t got no curly brown hair on our summits. I would give aynnhitg to see a video of your audition.

4. Ugg says:

A woman with a pet snake, could not be more creepy.

5. Richard Cheese says:

6. Richard Cheese says:

That boy just ain’t right. He obviously needs some time to get his head straight. I hope the amount of time is enough, for the ex-girlfriend’s sake. No telling what this freak is capable of? If I were her I’d get a permit for a handgun.

7. jackactionhero says:

My partner Bruce once had a pet snake..Prior to living together I insisted he get rid of it..We now raise 3 gorgeous Poodles as pets.

8. insignificant says:

well,atleast, having access to her apartment, he didn’t fry ‘er up ‘n’ eat ‘er,eh?…the snake