Filed underWatch + Listen
Recipe: Chef Joe Gentile
2 toasted English muffins/ or buttermilk-cheddar biscuit
4 oz. smoked ham Westphalia preferred
4 fresh eggs
1 tbls white vinegar
1 cup Tabasco hollandaise sauce -
1 Tbls lemon juice,
1 ½ c butter, melted,
1-2 tsp. Tabasco,
Salt and pepper
Hollandaise (ahead of time)
1 .Gently melt butter and set aside
2. In a small mixing bowl combine egg yolk and lemon juice salt and pepper and 3 tbls of water.
3. Over a warm water bath whisk egg yolks until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the butter to form an emulsion.
4. Add Tabasco Hollandaise should be a creamy consistency if it is too thick add a small amount of hot water.
5. Set aside hollandaise and keep warm.
- Toast English Muffins, and warm sliced ham under broiler./place ham on top of muffins
7. In the same warm (slightly boiling) water bath that you made the Hollandaise add White Vinegar for poaching your eggs.
8. Gently crack eggs and drop in water poach until done to your liking. With a slotted spoon scoop out one egg at a time
9. let water drain off and place on top of the ham and English muffin.
10. Top with Hollandaise. Serve with fresh fruit. Enjoy.