Semi Goes Into Lake In Waseca, No Injuries

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The Minnesota State Patrol is investigating after a semi-truck slipped off a southern Minnesota highway and ended up in a Waseca lake Wednesday afternoon.

The incident happened Wednesday afternoon on Highway 14 near Clear Lake, and authorities said wet and icy roads along with strong winds may have been a factor in the accident.

A photo submitted to WCCO-TV shows a Koch semi-truck on the lake, but not under water. Lt. Eric Roeske with the Minnesota State Patrol said there were no injuries in the accident.

The accident remains under investigation.

1. Rufus Larkin says:

When will drivers learn that the ice is too thin to drive on this year?

2. mike says:

I think they are auditioning for a part on Ice Road Truckers

3. Marie says:

I think you both should be driving a tractor trailer in Minnesota conditions and then can speak to it.

1. mike says:

I’m guessing, like typical big rig drivers Marie, they were speeding. They do that, even in bad weather conditions like today. There is no way a safe driver would’ve done that, otherwise there’d be 50 more cars on the ice.

1. Marie says:

That is a very ignorant unhuman response and I am sad for you. Just so you know, the driver is ok. Appreciate your concern for him.

2. former truck driver says:

Mike, I have driven semi and most people have noidea what they deal with all day long. You have no idea if this driver was speeding or what, but good for you making ASSUmptions like that. I can tell you stories of people driving over sidewalks to get in front of me in the truck. What most people do not realize is that a fully loaded truck can easily go over 80,000 lbs gross weight and they are cut off all the time in traffic. I always loved it when a person would cut in front of me as traffic is stopping, like I left enough room to stop and for your car too. If I was going to ASSuME anything, ir would be that someone else was driving crazy and he took the ditch and lake versus turning that person into road kill.

1. cloudynik says:

I’m pretty sure we can all agree that NO ONE is perfect – there are lousy semi drivers & there are lousy auto drivers. The important thing here is the driver is OK & no other vehicles were involved.

4. Patrick says:

The trucks appears semi submerged -_-

1. Patrick says:

‘Truck’ 😦

5. Up North says "bad pun Patrick" says:

That was reallllllly bad Patrick. But I’m still chuckling.