Reporting Alison Lorge
It’s 2012 and we are all another year older and another year wiser. To celebrate being both older and wiser — I have a list of what I think are some of the best birthday freebies. These are the places that give you more than just a dessert for your birthday (although that’s always nice, too.)
• Benihana – If you join ‘The Chef’s Table’ program you receive a certificate worth $30 to use during the month of your birthday. This is by far the biggest promo I’ve seen for birthdays.
• Houlihan’s - Another great meal deal. With four locations around the Twin Cities, if you join Houlihan’s email club you’ll get a coupon for a free entree on your birthday. Non-members can still get a free dessert.
• Noodle’s & Company: Sign up to be a Noodlegram member and get a coupon for a free entrée or soup.
• Ruby Tuesday’s – Pick up a tasty burger for free on your birthday when you sign up for their ‘So Connected’ club plus you get a buy-one-get-one free coupon with signup.
• TGI Fridays – Hate waiting in line? If you join the ‘Give Me More Stripes’ club you get a “Jump the Line Pass” which means you won’t have to wait for 45 minutes at the restaurant to eat dinner on a crowded Friday night. You get VIP treatment and get to jump right to the head of the line. Plus you get a complimentary dessert or appetizer coupon to use anytime during your birthday month.
• Aveda- A full-size beauty product on your birthday (valued up to $25) when you using up for their mailing list.
• Sephora – Insider Club members get a free birthday gift. In 2011 they gave away Philosophy Shampoo/Shower Gel/Bubble Bath in the Vanilla Cupcake — a 6 oz bottle!
For a list of many more birthday freebies (including the desserts) check the following sites. Just don’t forget to call ahead to make sure it is valid at a location near you.
Know of any other deals? Share them with other ‘Good Lifers’ in the comment section. You can also read more money-saving blog posts here and text WCCODEALS to 84816 for a ‘deals of the week’ reminder.