Wis. Man Arrested For Smoking Weed With Infant In Car

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 55-year-old man was arrested Saturday, after police say he was smoking marijuana in his vehicle with a 5-month-old baby inside.

Gregory B. Gray, of Cable, Wis. was stopped by a Wisconsin State Trooper for speeding Saturday on Highway 63, north of Trego, Wis.

Upon approaching Gray, the trooper said he detected the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Gray and his passenger, a woman, allegedly admitted to smoking marijuana in the vehicle.

The trooper also noticed a 5-month-old child in the vehicle.

Gray was arrested and a Washburn County Sheriff’s deputy was called to assist at the scene. The deputy stayed with the woman and child until a responsible family member arrived.

Comments

1. Ya See says:

Ya see Packers loose and the whole state goes to hell!!

2. Meghan says:

Some people just don’t deserve to procreate!

3. das14 says:

Nancy, shouldn’t those other things be made illegal then?

4. Hypocrite says:

True Nancy, if they don’t want to care for their child then they should just let the state care for their child like you did.

5. Dale says:

Nancy should be made illegal

6. paula says:

IM telling you this half the people here wouldnt be born here then cause majority of your parents smoked they would of been in jail and not home to do -.this country that is suppose to be free sure has a way of controlling everything we do in our homes and where ever.the government here is corrupt.they take our homes[fanniemae freddiemac ]is the government and their taking your homes even when the bank is trying to help people to stay in them search the internet for government berocacies under fannie mae.

1. What Next? says:

Huh? I am not the grammar police, but my God, write/type in English with some form of punctuation, Either that or sober up

1. Dizzy says:

I’m glad Paula ran out of breath and had to quit.

1. em0886 says:

lmao, no kidding!! It was almost painful to read.

7. Deep Thinker says:

I was wondering if maybe the dad was singing Puff The Magic Dragon to keep the child quiet while he was toking up….Or maybe Bob Dyaln’s Rainy Day Woman……everybody must get stoned….55 years old & he’s getting high in front of a child…time to clean out the gene pool

1. alligator says:

i agree….starting with you.

1. Hind says:

All these competitions look so great, Jess! I tried to ecommnt on this last night but blogger was being weird and not letting me post ecommnts.Have you read “The Evil Within”? I just think of Nancy Holder as writing a lot of Buffy books, haha. But I used to love her writing so much.Happy (almost) one-year anniversary for your incredible blog! xoxoPS, Hope I don’t mess with your entries as this is a just a regular ecommnt, not an entry🙂

2. good guy says:

What do you mean? Puff the Magic dragon is about a boy and his magical dragon.

8. larzdowens says:

I don’t smoke weed but I and don’t condone the act , but if you have a drug problem I could understand a crying baby might be just the right time to relax

9. Nancy Aleshire says:

To answer your question about my son, the State of MN DHS was 100% responsible for his death. To answer your question about smoking, many of us who are forty and older grew up with parents and other household members who did smoke. The difference was they didn’t really know the dangers of smoking until 1972 when the
    Surgeon General issued his warning. Now the hazards of smoking is completely know so that any parent who continues to smoke inside the home when there are children living there is endangering there lives. Bottom line–take your smokes outside, or better yet QUIT for your benefit and theirs.

1. Abduhl the tent maker says:

Nancy, are you saying you’ve never smoked before? Never tried smoking, not even the pole? I doubt it.

2. tailgunner says:

So Please tell us Nancy…Why did the State take away your child in the first place? Were you deemed UNFIT?

10. Tom says:

The war on weed continues unabated…meanwhile…in other news….

11. They lie for attention, they are not doctors... says:

Meanwhile kids are dying from diseases that we have vaccines for because their parents are paranoids about false info that apparently only celebrities accept…

It’s people like you that allow kids to die…

1. fact is says:

wrongo…unvaccined kids are healthy kids…where do you tink all this autism and other disorders are derived from,goof?

1. the actual fact is says:

@fact is
        Even Dr. Wakefield, the author of the study that supposedly found the link between vaccinations and autism, has had to concede that he can’t reproduce his findings; and that his hypothesis has not been remotely proven. His research couldn’t withstand the peer review process, a requirement for all legitimate scientific research, and every subsequent attempt to find a link has utterly failed.

12. Role Model says:

It would have been setting a bad example if he had a cold one between bars.

13. alligator says:

morons like Nancy should be illegal as well…..exposing young people to her moronic thinking should also be a crime…..allowing people like her to spout off should also be a crime……cant help but wonder what deep dark secrets ol Nancy has in her closet.

14. Pen says:

Smoking weed in the car with an infant present isn’t a good choice, but PLEASE find a better way to waste our tax dollars than hounding people who blaze up.

1. Brett says:

This guy wasn’t “hounded” for “blazing up”, he was pulled over for speeding. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out if someone has been smoking weed in a moving car once it’s pulled over. So the driver is nearly a “senior”, speeding, AND getting high with an infant in a car, and some of you here don’t see anything wrong with that. Swell. Aside from the second hand smoke, this kid was potentially in a lot of danger.

1. Mike says:

Nice sermon Brett, but the fact is life is full of danger including standing in the sun.
        I seriously doubt the infant was in a “lot of danger”. Chances are high that the infant will live a long life, and if this families bread winner should lose their job as a result of their minor indiscretion, this child will be in a much more tenuous and potentially dangerous position.
        I have more to say, but unfortunately I have to go to work in the factory, laden with chemicals, air borne compounds and known carcinogen. I don’t expect empathy, but don’t tell me how unsafe peoples personal choices are compared to your perfectly safe life.

2. Pen says:

I understand that. He deserved to be ticketed for speeding, and no, he shouldn’t be smoking (I’m of the firm belief that you shouldn’t smoke ANYTHING around children… cigarettes or otherwise) while he has a baby in the car. But this story shouldn’t even BE a story. He got pulled over for speeding! That’s what it should be about. If they would make smoking weed a ticketable offense like speeding instead of a huge deal that potentially ruins lives, they would save all of us a lot of money. Making it 100% legal would prevent a lot of future headaches. His seniority is an issue? Being 55 is a mark against him, just like speeding and smoking? His age put the baby in danger as well?

15. Phil McRackin says:

I think the kid would be in much more danger in the presence of all the nutty people that comment here on ,CCO

16. j speedbag 64 says:

yeah nancy go to hell with your idiot comment….the guy made a little mistake he’ll pay for it and move on ……

17. free angry birds says:

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to present one thing again and aid others like you aided me.

18. Gute Filme says:

Pretty element of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to say that I get actually loved account your weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing for your augment or even I fulfillment you get admission to persistently quickly.