Man Charged With Detaining, Beating Girlfriend For Days

ST. PAUL (WCCO) — A St. Paul man has been charged with detaining his live-in girlfriend and beating her repeatedly over the course of three days.

Police were called to the Woodwinds Hospital in Woodbury on report of an assault. There, the victim told officers she had been held hostage by 22-year-old Brandon Joshua Fourre from Jan. 28 until he left for work on Jan. 31.

The victim, who claimed she has been abused during the entirety of their five-year relationship together, said Fourre accused her of being unfaithful and proceeded to assault her after duct taping her mouth shut and taping her wrists together.

The criminal complaint alleges he hit her head with a wooden chair at one point with enough force to break one of the legs from the chair. The charges also say Fourre beat the victim with a pool cue, kicked her repeatedly and held a shotgun to her head.

He allegedly also threw her out into their snow-filled backyard naked from the waist down before dragging her back inside.

At one point, he logged into her Facebook account and deleted all of her male friends, the complaint says, before posting derogatory things on her page.

Fourre allegedly took a day off from work on Monday to continue the torture. According to the complaint, Fourre had a friend drop off some pain medication, tea and honey because his foot and voice were sore from the prolonged verbal and physical abuse.

“This woman endured humiliation and suffering the likes of which no human should ever experience,” said Ramsey County Attorney John Choi. “We intend to vigorously prosecute this case.”

Fourre is charged with counts of kidnapping, second-degree criminal sexual conduct, second-degree assault, third-degree assault and domestic assault by strangulation.

Comments

1. Cute -n- young ;-O says:

You are very funny, and kinda sick. I love it!!! Hope he gets a nice prison buddy!

1. something is moving upwards says:

I have movement.

2. probably is... says:

jealousy…makes some people go insane M or FM seen it on both sides…

3. Ali says:

Mn state guidlines say he olny should get 4 years with 3 years being supervised release.

1. Betty says:

got ot love them MN state sentancing guidlines!!!

4. What says:

I am sure if she had to go to the hospital, I am sure she was not faking it hello! He is a jerk pick on someone your size and sex and see what happens. What goes around will come around he will get his in jail I hope.

5. TK says:

THIS GUY LOOKS LIKE A PUNK THAT COULDN’T FIGHT HIS WAY OUT OF A WET PAPER BAG. I BET HE WILL HAVE FUN BEING SOMEONES GIRLFRIEND IN PRISON.

6. j speedbag 64 says:

everybody to ”stunned” to comment on this story…..a guy like him couldn’t have done this right…..

7. Jay says:

People like this need the s*** beat out of them!!! Hope he sees YEARS in prison. This young woman needs counselling too. If she had any self respect shed have left long ago instead of putting up with the POS!!! Shes lucky to have survived this time, what happens the next time with another guy!

1. GOOD FRIEND says:

I KNOW WHO SHE IS AND SHE TRIED SEVERL TIMES! HE DID ALL THIS IN FRONT OF HER CHILD. WE EVEN TRIED TO PICK HER UP. I HOPE HE ROTS IN JAIL! AND I THINK HIS FAMILY SHOULD TO! THEY SAY SHE DESERVED EVERYTHING TO HER. THEY ALL ARE A PIECE OF *******

8. See F-U says:

You’re an idiot..and probably another pvssy just like this guy. I’m sure you’re the type of guy who likes to call in sick to work and tune your wife/girlfriend up with a pool cue. I hope someone tee’s off on you someday and throws you outside in the snow for all to see your angry little inch. Then we’ll see how “over-zealous” the police are.

9. smart says:

I hope this women is smart enough and does not go back to him and also move far away from him so he cannot find her!

1. jackactionhero says:

What would make you think she is, after 5 years of it already?

10. See BS says:

No — According to the story, the victim has been in a relationship with this guy for 5 years. No reason to try and figure out why there are people out there who seek relationships with these kind of men.

If you give some women flowers, open the door for them and tell them they are pretty — they think you are a huge dork.j

I’m flattered that you are using my screen name, obviously I really mess with your psyche.

11. anti bachmann says:

shot gun to the head (case solved)

1. ken says:

I have the 25 cent slug

12. Jay says:

Oh yes, hes innocent until proven guilty! Guess the hospital just made up their report on the womans condition and the cops didnt really see how bad her wounds were. Im SURE she did this to herself to prove her love for him!!

13. Zed says:

I hope they let this POS go.

And some guys from her family “do the right thing”, people go missing all the time.

14. Frosty the Snowman says:

Snow filled backyard?? What snow?

15. Jackie Murray says:

Ok everyone, I was in a very abusive relationship for 9 long years, it is NOT that easy to get out, the abuser makes you feel like they are the only one that cares for you no matter how strong your support system is, if you are NOT ready to leave it is almost impossible to leave. I suffered many many beatings a broken rib collapsed lung broken collar bone many many black eyes fat lips bruises, you name it, I had it not to mention the emotional abuse, I was always cheating on him!! or so he said, the only way I could leave was when he went to jail, and THEN AND ONLY THEN I left, left the whole frigging state, he is due to get out of jail the end of this month, and yes I am terrified but I now know that I can live without him. Just a lesson on why a woman stays, sorry didn’t mean to vent like that!!

1. have a nice day says:

*Hugg*….you needed one.

16. em0886 says:

Yank head out of rear end and then type….it stated that during their five year relationship he was abusive…he obviously was manipulative and controlling, I am sure he had clearly instilled fear into her. It’s not fair for the victim to be judged because that is exactly what she is…a victim. Now if they had children together this would be different because she should do everything possible to protect that child.

1. toto says:

Oh Auntie Em, you always know just what to say.

2. See BS says:

she’s not a victim if she stays with an abusive partner — it’s her personal choice.

No reason to figure it out either.

1. jackactionhero says:

True statement.

She CHOSE to be with him for 5 years. He didn’t make her do it. Nobody did.

Read carefully, em…. She CHOSE IT.

I’ll bet $100 her next boyfriend kicks the bejeezus out of her too. And she’ll like it then just as much.

17. cuzin steve says:

Antagonistic, button pushing,cheating women of the worst kind don’t deserve that. You’re a man? Get up and leave the cheating %$_;? in your wake. Do not kill her on the way to the door! I love you kids the both of you. The pair of you were nitrogen and diesel fuel from the start. POOR baby girl Fourre!!! Thank God everyone’s still alive!

18. MC HAMMER says:

Man, I love the “WIFE BEATER TEE SHIRT” !!!

19. Drew Koppe says:

Ummm…. sorry but there hasn’t really been much snow for anyone to be thrown into.

20. scott says:

Well as long as every one is ok .lets start over with some counseling . billy

21. blueskies says:

Good God, this woman needs help in more ways than one. She’s been with this jerk for 5 years and he’s been abusive to her the entire time? Wake up honey – no one deserves to be treated like that!

22. rev. Scott Fleming says:

After only five years she managed to to see what happens when you push all the buttons at once. are we to believe that our elected authorities are blind to the fact that there are two bad actors here not just one.I don’t think so. Controlling what the public sees Does not change the truth . You can sell any thing on the internet but try give away a little wisdom.

23. Tariq says:

:Fantastic goods from you, man. TV Schedule Jack of Diamonds I have understand your stuff eurviops to and you are just extremely great. I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous TV Schedule Jack of Diamonds informations.