Promising Signs For Paralyzed Hockey Player Jablonski

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — There are some promising signs for paralyzed high school hockey player Jack Jablonski.

His family updated his Caring Bridge website Thursday night, and despite ups and downs, they said Jack is doing some amazing things.

During therapy this week, Jack was able to raise his right arm and feed himself.

On Thursday, he was able to sit up by himself and use his arms to balance and hold himself in place.

A day before that, he sat up for seven hours — much longer than previous weeks.

His family posted that they are so proud of his determination and positive attitude.

Jack was paralyzed by a hit from behind while playing hockey in December. He plays for Benilde-St. Margaret.

If you would like to donate to the Jablonski family’s fund, click here.

Comments

1. LD says:

I’m with this writer….. what about the female hockey player?! Status of her recovery? Her family’s need for support? Maybe Jack’s story is more popular but c’mon…. way over blown

1. More than just a State of Hockey says:

Don’t completely quote me on this but I think her family said she is doing well and for others to concentrate on Jack. But I do agree with you.

2. rocky says:

Yea, it happens to me all the time, I post one comment and i get “your going to fast, slow down” I can’t slow down anymore than just ONE comment… I wonder why this COMMENT board is here. It’s heavely cendored…..

3. kevin says:

I GET THE SAME, SLOW DOWN. PROBABLY IT’S PAT KESSLER SENSORING US HIM FOR HIS LEFT WING REPORTING.

4. Ace says:

What wonderful news about Jack. Hope to hear some good news about the others too. I also get the same slow down when I have not posted comments since the day before. I thought they were picking on me but I guess not.

5. gursonice says:

Are you saying a black girl hockey player isn’t getting her fair time of the press?…please be specific.

6. Jay says:

Keep up the hard work Jack!! You, and the little gal who also suffered injuries are in our thoughts and prayers.

7. Not Just Me says:

Keep it up Jack. Just be strong. Remember buddy, there are many many people with a bigger hearts because you are in them.

8. Just_Me says:

This brings a lump and tears.

Thank you, God.