Man Arrested In Brooklyn Park Apt. Fire Identified

BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. (WCCO) — Brooklyn Park Police have arrested a 50-year-old man in connection to a fire at the Willows Apartment Tuesday.

At 10:58 p.m. on the day of the incident, authorities were called to the apartment building located at 6500 67th Ave. N. on a reported fire. Emergency personnel determined that the fire originated in the third floor laundry room and the fire was quickly extinguished.

It was later determined that the fire was intentionally set, and investigators developed information on a suspect and arrested him near the crime scene. He has been identified as Donald Thompson, according to Brooklyn Park Police.

Thompson was arrested for first-degree arson and is currently in custody at the Brooklyn Park Police Department pending further investigation.

Approximately 40 residents were displaced due to the fire. There were no injuries.

1. bummer says:

ouch, another section 8 displacement.

1. hateallracistpigs says:

ouch…you lost your way to the warren jeffs thread. Bummer!

2. Nancy Aleshire says:

Had a fire in my apartment complex (Windsor Gates-Brooklyn Park) a few years ago. So many fires caused by stupidity–smoking, food left on stove, etc. Fire starting in laundry room–sounds susciptious, could you say drugs? I’m moving into a single family home in a few weeks–no smoking, drugs, alcohol, or stupidity allowed. Feel bad for innocent families displaced at The Willows.

3. Kevin says:

Is it just me or have there been alot of apartment fires the past year or two?

4. j speedbag 64 says:

i’m sure you will be greatly missed nancy…when you leave the stupidlty will leave with you….

5. Nancy Aleshire says:

Excuse me speedbag, but I happen to be college educated, clean, organized, responsible and not a hoarder. I think that should cover all bases. I bet they will miss me because I pay my rent on time.

6. Brooklyn Dark says:

Glad I moved out of that DUMP of a city many years ago. What a cesspool…

7. Comments not allowed says:

Even nice comments aren’t being allowed to post. Happens all the time.

8. no agent house sale says:

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to present one thing again and help others like you helped me.