Local

CenterPoint Responds To Rash Of Minn. CO Incidents

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. How Do We Know When To Spend Or When To Save?
  2. How To Avoid A Nasty Crash On Winter Roads
  3. Protests, Violence Erupt In Missouri After Grand Jury's Ruling
  4. Vikings Tackle Talks About Tussle With Fan
  5. Thanksgiving Means Poinsettia Shopping Just Around The Corner

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — CenterPoint Energy is reminding homeowners to prevent exposure to carbon monoxide after a rash of CO-poisoning cases in the Twin Cities.

On Monday, firefighters in south Minneapolis ventilated a seven-unit apartment building, and one person was taken to the hospital to check for CO levels. CenterPoint says a boiler in the mechanical room was producing dangerous levels of the odorless, colorless, tasteless gas.

In Eden Prairie, a house had to be aerated and a person taken to the hospital. CenterPoint says a town house garage next door had high levels of carbon monoxide after a car was left running in the garage. The CO traveled to the neighbor’s home.

CenterPoint recommends installing CO detection devices, having fuel-burning equipment regularly checked, and never operating engines or grills in enclosed areas.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,986 other followers