Mother, Another Man Arrested In Abduction Of Child

RICE LAKE (WCCO) — Rice Lake Police say a mother and a 59-year-old man have been arrested for taking a 3-year-old child in violation of a recent court order.

On Monday at 12:52 p.m., police officers were dispatched to a Burger King restaurant on the south side of the city on the report of a child custody dispute in the parking lot. While on their way, the officers were told that a 30-year-old mother from Dubuque, Iowa had taken the child. The father was recently granted temporary sole custody.

Officers got information saying the mother, along with the child, fled the area in a vehicle driven by her companion.
While exiting the parking lot, however, the vehicle struck the child’s father. Police said the father suffered unknown injuries.

The vehicle then drove northbound on Main Street. In response, officers alerted surrounding jurisdictions and gave out descriptions of the vehicle.

Wisconsin State Patrol stopped the vehicle near the intersection of Highway 53 and Prairie River Drive in Eau Claire County.

The mother and her companion are being held on reckless endangerment and interference with parent custody charges.

The Barron County District Attorney will file formal charges.

Comments

1. Kevin says:

pick………..pick………….snifffffffffffffffffffffffffff

2. A. Senser says:

I didn’t get there in time … coulda saved the PD the expense. Sorry boys

1. Sonjay says:

It’s great that those with disabilities are able to operate computers! I hope that you one day are able to dress yourself AND wipe yourself! You truly ARE an exceptional person.

2. Mabel Hornschlinger says:

You are a very mean individal!

3. jackactionhero says:

This mother should never see her child again, except from behind bars or a glass divider. What a C…

1. Andrew S says:

Can you read jack? I read the father was granted “temporary full custody” but not permanent at this point.
      Often, way to often, that means the one with the means and money has stomped the other parent into the ground. That occurs and things get crazy.
      If one ever had tried that to me or anyone I knew I could easily see the same happening – you sever a relationsip you usually can expect hell to break loose too. For all we know she could have been the better parent by a mile but had no means to fight this.
      Courts set this bullchit up and one parent often goes crazy …. and they in fact may have been the better parent. Just poorer.
      No – she should be allowed to continue to see her child but only when supervised now until all evaluations play out.
      Curious jack – you seem, every day, to be a bitter young child. What happened to you in you world to make one so bitter and vile?

1. jackactionhero says:

What’s bitter and vile about not giving a child back to a kidnapper and abuser? She’s clearly both. This woman should be locked up and never let out.

2. jackactionhero says:

There is probably a very good reason he was granted temporary full custory. Probably because the mother is a grade A B-word.

The courts don’t grant custody based on who’s got more money. Trust me on that one, as I’ve been down that road more than once. Maybe you should reserve your comments for a subject you have some knowledge on.

1. jackactionhero says:

“You sound like that poor pitiful shooter from Ohio.”

I don’t even know what that is supposed to mean, chief.

You defend this woman for stealing her child from his father? Can you explain why you feel this way?

3. stepmother of child says:

sorry there was no money that stomped her in the ground we are doing what is best for my step dayghter……………and as far as i am concerned she will NEVER see her again

1. ann says:

Really, Remember your JUST the stepmother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. jackactionhero says:

I hope she never ever sees her son again. EVER.

1. Jim says:

I have the same question Jack – why are you so bitter all the time? Ever look to professional help? I think you need to consider it before you do something seriously dumb.

1. jackactionhero says:

Seriously dumb? Like your comment, Jim?

There’s no bitterness here. I have no tolerance for mothers who steal their children from their father. To me, they are just as bad as a serial killer. It’s just my opinion.

Have you ever looked to professional help, Jim? It seems you’re a poor judge of character.

5. chip on jacks shoulder says:

Wow Jack, sounds like your’e one of those short guys who talks big.

1. jackactionhero says:

I’m 6-1

How tall are you?

How am I talking big? I have a big problem with a parent who takes a child away from the other parent. You don’t?

6. testing says:

Just testing the censors. Your’e on the ball CCo.

7. Common Cents says:

I’m with you on this one Jack, the courts normally favor the mother in child custody battles unless she is proven unfit, which obviously happened. (just stating facts here people) Only temporary full custody was granted to the father, which means they were giving her a chance to correct her wrongs so she could again be part of this childs life, but after kidnapping her own child and mowing down the father, I think she just gave up the right to ever be a parent to that kid again.

Sad situation for all, especially for the child!

1. jackactionhero says:

Finally! Thank you!

1. Nick says:

I agree with you also Jack, there is nothing bitter about looking out for a child’s best interest.

1. jackactionhero says:

My mom is senile and in a half-way house for chemical abuse you jerk

8. Parker Schnobel says:

I pray that none of you are serious here with comments or if so have been sterilized at birth. Seriously – they had you fixed in a permanent manner.

9. Julianna Smith says:

I hope that the authorities get to resolve all other issues like this. I am a parent and I’m worried and I don’t want anyone to experience threatening cases like this. As a way of helping everyone especially the parents, who still find it quite hard to manage issues like this, I found this great application which featured safety app which gets me connected to a Safety Network or escalate my call to the nearest 911 when needed, it has other cool features that are helpful for your kids with just a press of a Panic Button. Check it here: http://www.SafeKidZone.com

10. steVE says:

js thanks for the advertisment.