Train Kills 11-Year-Old Boy In Wis. Suburb
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) — An 11-year-old boy is dead after being struck by a freight train on his way to school in a Milwaukee suburb.
Wauwatosa police say the train activated its bells, horn, signals and gates before it hit the boy at about 7:25 a.m. Monday. Police say there is no indication of negligence.
Canadian Pacific spokesman Ed Greenberg says the emergency brake was applied, but it takes a mile for a freight train to completely stop.
Dan Chanen, director of human resources with the Wauwatosa School District, says the boy was a sixth grader in the district.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)