Winter Storm Shuts MN Schools Down

WEB EXTRAS: Latest Forecast | School Delays | Traffic Maps | Weather Advisories | Winter Resources

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A number of school districts reported delays and closings Wednesday morning, as a mix of sleet and snow continued to drop belated winter conditions on Minnesota.

At least a dozen districts in the Twin Cities metro area reported closings, including schools in Anoka-Hennepin, Stillwater, Wayzata, Elk River, Osseo, Hudson, Chisago Lakes, Delano, Eastern Carver County, Farmington, Forest Lake, Hastings, and Mahtomedi.

Woodbury Middle School also announced a closing due to a power outage.

Outside of the Twin Cities, there were hundreds of closings and delays announced at not only schools, but community services, businesses and other establishments.

To see the entire list of closings, click here.

GALLERY: Your Wintry Snow Photos

Comments

1. Bill smith says:

People used to do things daily in the this great country. Now we just sit and wait for the government handouts…

2. tan pup says:

You mean like your social security check and medicare? But exactly, how does your post even remotely relate to the story?

1. Bill smith says:

Forty years ago when I was in school, I don’t ever remember school being delayed. I can remember school closing early once in awhile, but for the most part life continued. I grew up on a dairy farm. Believe me, those cows got milked day or night, it didn’t matter. We Americans are just one big lazy bunch.

1. Cindy says:

Who is the “we” that you are referring to?

2. Chuck says:

Hey Bill, Tell us about the days that the milk truck could not pickup at your farm or when you lost electricity and could not milk by machine. We also remember those days when a snow plow could not come for 3 days… and school was often closed or late, at least in the Minnesota that we lived and farmed.

3. zee the reporter says:

walk to school zee reporting in!

4. jim says:

Man Minnesotans are getting soft. Come on people. I moved away for a 10 years and lived on the West Coast. I come back and all I hear is people complaining about snow and cold, what? it’s Minnesota, move if you don’t like it. Nobody plays outside anymore, no pick up hockey or football in the winter, I walked to school in 2 miles of snow everyday! Seriously, with bread sacks on my feet as boot liners, went to the U of M and the temp was -30! What a bunch of softies.

1. Bill smith says:

“bread sacks on my feet as boot liners”

You were abused. Sue your parents for endangerment.

5. KEVIN says:

He smokes poles

1. Chris says:

WCCO, Do you even realize what “Kevins” comment means? If you did, he would be history already… and instead, we need to be exposed to this dork?

6. Rita says:

Glad schools were delayed or closed it give us grounds and maintenance people time enough to clear everything up for the public lucky you have us when it storms we make life easier for everyone whimps people call us I beg to differ I am a woman chief and have everything cleared for the saftey and well being of the students and staff and public

1. Chris says:

Hey Rita, Does your keyboard have a period or comma? Punctuation is a beautiful thing.

2. Slim says:

Rita, I guess we are lucky to have you out cleaning snow at some school that we will not visit today… but don’t get hurt patting yourself on the back, otherwise what would we do? BTW, don’t you appreciate having that nice state job? Kudos…

7. montreal web design says:

does GV over web design courses with class shoppers? my boss is all for a new webwebsite and would like pupil suggestions

8. book an ibiza hotel says:

Undeniably consider that which you said. Your favourite reason seemed to be at the internet the easiest thing to take into accout of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed even as other people think about worries that they just don’t recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thanks