Rep. Chip Cravaack’s Minnesota Wild Strata
- Loaf of French bread, sliced and cubed
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 3 tsp. dry mustard
- 15 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 lbs. ground pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 C. cooked Minnesota wild rice
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Cream of Mushroom soup
Place French bread in a well greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Mix eggs, three cups milk and dry mustard together. Carefully pour over bread. Sprinkle cheese, sausage and wild rice over bread.
Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Before baking, mix cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup milk together and spread over bread mixture.
Bake covered at 375 degrees for one hour. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.