Reporting Sara Pelissero
I feel like Christmas came early.
Thanks to some balmy March temps, food trucks are gearing up to get ready for a new season — a tad earlier than usual.
Several have already taken to their twitter accounts, updating their locations and getting the Twin Cities food crowd excited for a new year of delicious street eats.
Among the parked posse, includes:
– Smack Shack (@Smack_Shack): “The truck is out all week! Get your Smack fix! Look for us on Marquette in between 6th and 7th.”
– Potter’s Pasties (@PottersPasties) will be at the Capitol Tuesday, along with the rest of the “Food Truck Court.” They’ll be at Rice Park Wednesday, Mears Park on Thursday, Grand Ave. on Friday and in downtown St. Paul on Saturday.
– Simply Steve’s (@simplysteves) will be on Marquette at 7th in Minneapolis.
– Nate Dogs (@Nate_Dogs) will be joining the Capitol Food Truck Brigade on Tuesday and in Minneapolis (at 6th and Nicollet) on Thursday.
– Gastrotruck (@gastrotruck) will be at Rice Park on Tuesday, at the Capitol Wednesday, near MPR Thursday and at Mears Park on Friday.
– Fork In The Road (@forkNroadtruck) will be at the Capitol Tuesday and Mears Park on Wednesday.
– Turkey To Go (@TurkeyToGo) will be on 8th and Nicollet starting Wednesday.
– Messy G Truck (@MessyGTruck) will be out at Rice Park on Tuesday.
– Barrio Truck (@barrio_truck) will be on Marquette between 5th and 6th Tuesday.
– Meritage (@meritage_stpaul) will start its new season this week, making fresh crepes from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, outside the restaurant.
– Twisted Sister House Of Hunger (@houseofhunger) will be out on Marquette at 6th in Minneapolis all week.
We’ll keep updating this post as we hear of more food trucks making their spring debut. If you spot one out and about, leave a comment and let us all know! Who’s ready for good eats on the street?
(Also, check out my post from last year on the best food trucks. I have a feeling, with so many new comers, I’ll need to start compiling my faves again this year!)