Rochester Man Charged With Killing Girlfriend’s Dog

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Rochester man is charged with two felonies in the death of his girlfriend’s dog.

Jarek Moen is accused of kicking the dog after it went to the bathroom inside his girlfriend’s house.

A veterinarian says the 85-pound dog had signs of rib fractures, a lacerated liver and lungs, as well as internal bleeding.

Moen’s first court apperance is set for April 19.

1. jackactionhero says:

If it went to the bathroom, it was obviously well trained. My dogs just dump on the floor.🙂

2. shelby says:

I hope this loser rots in hell! How can anyone kick a defenseless dog! Bubba will be waiting for him in jail …

3. Ace says:

I certainly hope the dog’s owner dumps the killer

4. Honest says:

For all the injuries..he didn’t just “kick the dog”. He beat it to death. What a vile piece of trash he is.

5. Joker of Spades says:

Oh HERE is where all the outrage is. I was confused with the lack of comments on the Chris Cook article. Oh, yeah, that’s right. Animals are more important than humans now. For some reason, I just keep forgetting that.

1. Common Sense says:

Animals are more important than humors now? Really… is that why all these puppy mill owners get nothing but their licenses taken away and most animal abuses get maybe a month in jail? Yeah courts really view animals as important. Your ignorant comment leads me to believe you’re an idiot so let me point out that I’m using sarcasm here. And Chris browns a POS for what he did, but Cook probably just slapped his girl… Which is understandable when she’s going crazy throwing lamps at him and pulling out his hair.

1. Bill Berditzman says:

Just slapped his girl? You’re the idiot here! Common Sense is ironic when it’s used for the name of a poster with no common sense!

2. shelby says:

Everyone is disgusted by abuse of any kind. There is no reason to kick and beat to death a helpless animal. Who said that animals are more important? You have lots of issues Joker!

3. Really? says:

Joker, you do realize 70% of the people who abuse animals also abuse people (child, spouse, elderly…), don’t you? 70%-that’s more then 2/3 of the cases where animal abuse coincides with people abuse. Who says he’s not abusing the girlfriend too? A lot of the time, people don’t notice the abuse on other people but they do notice the abuse on animals because abusers don’t hide it as well. Why don’t they hide it as well? Because they know people like you don’t care. When you blow off animal abuse, you are also blowing off abuse to people.

1. Angel Watcher says:

I worry about the secretive 30% we do not know about. Do they just play chess or such?

4. Matt says:

Thats becuase dogs are defenseless and women are not.

6. ChiggerChaser says:

Now hold on boys and girls …. what about Amy now ???? 😉

7. w says:

That’s funny!!! I think so too!!!!

1. Uncle Rico says:

the dog wasn’t a coke head criminal, and this was basically murder, unlike Amy.

8. Annette says:

If this guy can do that kind of damage to an 85 pound dog when maddened, think of the damage he could do to another human. I would run away fast and not leave my forwarding address for this guy!