Bicycle Thefts Reported In Minneapolis
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – As spring arrives early to the Twin Cities, Minneapolis Police are reporting an uptick in bicycle thefts in the city’s 3rd Precinct.
In recent weeks, police said 11 bicycle thefts have been reported. The actual number is likely higher, police said, since many thefts go unreported.
The 3rd Precinct most of the area of Minneapolis south of Interstate 94 and east of Interstate 35W. It includes the Longfellow and Nokomis neighborhoods.
“Many bicycles are taken from unlocked garages or when the doors are left open,” police advised. “Keep you garage closed and locked.”
Police also informed that anyone seeking information about stolen bicycles, and wanting to check to see if they’ve been retrieved, can contact the Property and Evidence Room at 612-673-2932.