Billboard Campaign Seeks To Find Toddler’s Killer

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A new effort is underway to get leads in the shooting death of a 3-year-old North Minneapolis boy.

Terrell Mayes Jr. died after a bullet broke through a wall in his home and hit him the head last December. At the time he was shot, Mayes and his brother were running upstairs to hide after hearing gunshots.

The Minneapolis Police Department and Clear Channel Radio announced a billboard campaign Thursday.

Terrell’s mother, Marsha, says she’s thankful for the billboards, but the pain of losing her son is still raw.

“I’m happy that the billboards are up, and maybe it’s going to lead into something…for me and my husband and my kids,” she said. “The only thing about the billboards is: I’m not going to be able to drive past them. I can’t bear to look at my own child up on a billboard. I feel like he should be home with me.”

Five new Crimestoppers boards will be placed around North Minneapolis. Police say since the first one went up earlier this week, they have already received tip calls.

Comments

1. Kevin says:

They should put them up in the Land Of Ozz…..there is a better chance there….

2. mama says:

thank you for keeping this story in the media.i hope justice will happen for this family.

3. do do says:

I see there whinning got it up to 10 thous bucks….Now, if someone rats on “JO” and said he did it, (even if he did) how in the hel can the state prove it? “JO” say, “me no do it” how they going to prove it?????? I’m sure the gun is long gone.

4. Ash says:

All BS

5. Mike says:

I say one less mouth to feed. Welfare check go farther now.

1. Matt says:

@Mike: Your comment is insensitive and rude. You should be ashamed of yourself making a statement like that about a child’s death.

1. Ash says:

It’s 100% their CULTURES FAULT. “No Snitcthin”