Toro Wants New Distribution Center In Iowa
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
ANKENY, Iowa (AP) — The Toro Co. has selected a key interstate intersection in Ankeny for its new distribution center in Iowa.
The 450,000-square-foot warehouse would bring 20 jobs to the Des Moines suburb.
Toro spokesman Branden Happel says the location at the intersection of Interstates 80 and 35 was key to Toro’s decision. The center would be the main distribution center for Toro products made in Windom, Minn., and Beatrice, Neb. Distribution facilities in Beatrice and in Lakeville, Minn., eventually would close.
The Ankeny City Council is considering a development deal with Toro and construction firm Ryan Cos. that would give the companies 10 years’ worth of tax-increment financing rebates. Toro would lease the center from Ryan, which would build and own the center.
An Ankeny public hearing is set for April 2.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)